You guys are gonna love this!

Started by Jarhead0331, April 21, 2020, 03:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Start watching at 51:50! OMG! Could this be the next revolution in wargaming?  :clap: :notworthy:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/598408190
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

GeneralHawk

Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

Yskonyn

Holy shit! Is that DCS integration?!  :smitten: That IS awesome!
Too bad we will never get our hands on the Pro version, though. Do we have any idea why they streamed this in public?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Toonces

Wow.  Just wow.

Request more information, please.   :notworthy:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Con

Now what would a marriage of a modern task force admiral with cmo pro mean for the future of gaming?

Sir Slash

That does look pretty sweet.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mbar

commercial flight simulator  :timeout:

Toonces

I swear, something like what's in that video is the game I have always wanted.  I've often thought of starting a thread on the exact subject, but have just been too lazy.

Games that marry the strategic/operational layer to a flight simulator....Oooh lala.  I think there was a game a long time ago that did that, Task Force 1942 or something like that.

I've always wondered how awesome it would be to have something like WitP where when you launch an airstrike you could drop into IL-2 and actually fly the strike rather than have the computer just number crunch and resolve it.

If we ever get something like what's in that video, I may never leave the house again.  That is shockingly close, if not better, than what's currently available to the US military.  Just amazing.  What a fantastic time to be a gamer lately.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Toonces on April 21, 2020, 08:29:07 PM
Games that marry the strategic/operational layer to a flight simulator....Oooh lala.  I think there was a game a long time ago that did that, Task Force 1942 or something like that.

loved that game...

Other games that allowed you fight the strategic / operational war, then zoom in to jump into a vehicle for the fight... 

Battle of Britain II by Rowan...the game was still being sold by Matrix until fairly recently.
Their Finest Hour...LucasArts...the 80s...my C128...
Battlezone
Pacific Storm: Allies
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
Muzzle Velocity...going way back, Digi4Fun, WWII operational / first person shooter

and probably a dozen others since the beginning of PC...  but you are right, they are mostly older games....and not all of them were that good.  But Battle of Britain II was excellent

You are right, none recently...  that is sad.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Toonces

Yes, BoB2 was awesome.  I just can't get it to run on my Win10 machine.

How about EF2000?  I think that might have had a operational level.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on April 21, 2020, 10:15:30 PM
Yes, BoB2 was awesome.  I just can't get it to run on my Win10 machine.

How about EF2000?  I think that might have had a operational level.

V2.0 added a detailed layer of tactical control. The subsequent F22 Total Air War further expanded those features.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

hellfish6

Arguably Eugen's Wargame series and Steel Division 2 do that as well.

The_Admiral

Quote from: Con on April 21, 2020, 06:26:57 PM
Now what would a marriage of a modern task force admiral with cmo pro mean for the future of gaming?

My death  :))

Jokes aside, kuddos for the smooth inter-product integration. I mean, it's not the same dev team, let alone the same publisher.
Like everything though, it's coming together over there like it's coming together in other places (especially within the same software environment) - but it's pleasing to see that one of the first to pull it out so well happens to have gone the way of cross-platforming, and succeeded in doing so  O0