You guys are gonna love this!

Started by Jarhead0331, April 21, 2020, 03:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: hellfish6 on April 21, 2020, 11:38:03 PM
Arguably Eugen's Wargame series and Steel Division 2 do that as well.

How so? There is no simulator aspect of either title that lets a player directly control a single unit from a first person perspective.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Sadly, I've learned that this feature is not currently planned to be available in the "commercial" version of CMO. I'm not sure I see the logic of excluding the "commercial" version of CMO from the feature that lets it integrate with a "commercial" flight sim. I'll try to get more of an explanation on this.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 22, 2020, 05:47:55 AM
Sadly, I've learned that this feature is not currently planned to be available in the "commercial" version of CMO. I'm not sure I see the logic of excluding the "commercial" version of CMO from the feature that lets it integrate with a "commercial" flight sim. I'll try to get more of an explanation on this.

Hence my question if we know what the reasoning was to stream this to the public?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 22, 2020, 07:00:23 AM

Hence my question if we know what the reasoning was to stream this to the public?

The information I have is that "for now" it isn't planned for commercial build. That at least leaves the door open. I've asked for more details and an explanation for the rationale.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Pete Dero

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 22, 2020, 07:00:23 AM

They mentioned during the stream (min. 26) that things like this are normally discussed in private meetings.  As they can't meet in person for the time being they opted to use for their twitch channel.
For now this could be a weekly feature.

hellfish6

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 22, 2020, 05:43:08 AM

How so? There is no simulator aspect of either title that lets a player directly control a single unit from a first person perspective.

Operational and tactical integration...

Jarhead0331

Quote from: hellfish6 on April 22, 2020, 08:57:34 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 22, 2020, 05:43:08 AM

Operational and tactical integration...

I don't think that's really the exciting unique part of the announcement. Personally, I'm focused on the integration of an operational wargame with a traditional flight sim platform. That is rare, and certainly not something that Wargame or SD2 is capable of.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog