GoPro footage of a plane crash

Started by Toonces, August 10, 2012, 09:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I know a lot of you guys don't hang out at SimHQ which is where I pulled this.  Basically these guys are taking off in a small plane, filming everything with their GoPro cameras (the little camera I filmed that diving clip with) and they end up crashing into the woods and get it all on film.  It's pretty dramatic.

It looks like (to me) that they were overloaded which, combined with the altitude prevented them from generating enough lift to climb out.

Everyone lives, so you know it's all good and a great learning experience for other pilots.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=835_1344412426

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

LongBlade

My dad was (briefly) in the air force and is fond of saying that, "Any landing you can walk away from is a good one."
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Wow thats crazy.  When I was in highschool my grandfather crashed his ultralight and was lucky to walk away he use to say the same thing as your Dad LB.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Silent Disapproval Robot

My grandmother was in a wreck on the runway and she said "Mmmmgggfffpptthhhhhffff!"  (There may have been some head trauma....)