You Just Turn Your FRIDAY Head And Walk Away

Started by MetalDog, May 01, 2020, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

The season just flipped and it's time to grind for rank again in MtG:Arena.  I'm sure Civ IV:BtS mp will be on the agenda, too.  Have an awesome weekend, Grogs!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

Been playing mostly Aurora C#. It's such an amazing game and a real monumental achievement. It's hard to believe that one guy can program everything that it models. Definitive proof that a game with virtually no graphics or sound can be so entirely captivating.

Will probably also play some Star Citizen 3.9, Gears Tactics and maybe something John Tiller.

I've been feeling better over the last couple of days so I think I'm turning the corner on COVID. It's good to be alive.

Stay healthy everyone.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 01, 2020, 06:32:04 AM
I've been feeling better over the last couple of days so I think I'm turning the corner on COVID. It's good to be alive.

Stay healthy everyone.
You had COVID? Didn't know this...great to hear you're getting better!

Starting a new month with new games this weekend:

- Pax Nova (finally released)
- Empire Total War (to continue in my Total War mood after Napoleon Total War)
- Port Royal 3

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Anguille on May 01, 2020, 08:10:41 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 01, 2020, 06:32:04 AM

Stay healthy everyone.
You had COVID? Didn't know this...great to hear you're getting better!

Starting a new month with new games this weekend:

- Pax Nova (finally released)
- Empire Total War (to continue in my Total War mood after Napoleon Total War)
- Port Royal 3

Thanks. Its been a rough few weeks.

Would like to know your thoughts on Pax Nova. Thought it had a lot of potential, but in early access it really disappointed.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Dammit Carl!

Think I'll pick up a graphics card, and wallow in Arma and Il2 as I'm running out of projects to do around the house.

Get better, Jarhead!

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 01, 2020, 08:20:15 AM
Would like to know your thoughts on Pax Nova. Thought it had a lot of potential, but in early access it really disappointed.
I haven't played the game at all so far so it's going to be fresh impressions. What did disappoint you in the EA?

Geezer

Playing Aurora C#, probably for many moons to come.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

MengJiao

Quote from: MetalDog on May 01, 2020, 06:24:06 AM

The season just flipped and it's time to grind for rank again in MtG:Arena.  I'm sure Civ IV:BtS mp will be on the agenda, too.  Have an awesome weekend, Grogs!!!

Wow!  Great tune!  I'll be doing my usual: HLL (now with lots of Recon planes and AC and ballistics and a new map and a revised map), World of Warships, DCS and BoX (with FC).

Sir Slash

Medieval TW 2. Here Good King Alphonso I, 'King Al' to his friends, leads the Most Catholic Army of Spain to victory against the Godless, Heathen, Rebel-Brigands who never the less, put up one hell-of-a-fight. Also, fertilizing my lawn. Have a great, 'Almost Re-Opened' weekend Grogs. And.... Happy May Day BTW.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Welcome back to the land of the living JH.

Beginning to love Assassin's Creed Odyssey again, at level 29 with about 60 hours in. So many damned quests it boggles my mind.

Enjoying some relaxing time with Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. Never played it when it was new.

And thinking about what civ to play as next in Civ VI, or an ancients scenario if anyone can recommend. I looked over the Alexander the Great one and it looked kinda 'meh' to me. Was disappointed I could only play as the Macedonians. Is it worth a try?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Sorry you were sick and glad you are recovering.

Xenonauts - I'm really enjoying it.  Secrets of the Lost Tomb with my wife.  I should finish the last two missions of Red Steel - but Xenonauts!

Jarhead0331

Might be a change of plans...in addition to Aurora, I might spend some time getting reacquainted with an old friend...drastically modded and improved.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on May 01, 2020, 11:54:41 AM
And thinking about what civ to play as next in Civ VI, or an ancients scenario if anyone can recommend. I looked over the Alexander the Great one and it looked kinda 'meh' to me. Was disappointed I could only play as the Macedonians. Is it worth a try?
I've never been tempted by the scenarios in Civ VI so far.

I have had some good experience with Korea as it has some serious bonuses in reseach...i think it's a great option.

-budd-

Get Well JH

Just got killed in CSME and Gettysburg Pbem battles. Still have a Brother vs Brother pbem game ongoing, with me as the Union, and just started a Strategic Command Global Classic [the games with the squares:-)] WW3 pbem game with me as the Commies, Soviet/Chinese and now have North Korea coming online with some middle eastern countries looking like they want to jump in on our side. Never played this one before, it's 1946 and i'm moving on Paris with the Soviets and the Chinese are clearing their country of free Chinese. I dropped a para unit on Japan with an army getting ashore also. Haven't reached the end of 46 yet. 

Jumped back in on Empyrion Galactic Survival. Haven't played for quite a few alphas, man things have changed. Threw together a full service underground temp base with defenses, and i'm now planning my main base build, then a capital ship and jaunting through space. Taken me a bit to get up to speed, a lot of changes, forgot how cool this survival game is.

Have a good weekend everyone
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.