You Just Turn Your FRIDAY Head And Walk Away

Started by MetalDog, May 01, 2020, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Thanks Anguille for the Korea suggestion.

I just accidentally bought M&B Bannerlord...was attempting to try out a Fanatical coupon.

So my plans may change a bit too :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on May 01, 2020, 03:09:28 PM

I just accidentally bought M&B Bannerlord...

A quick trip to the store for essentials: tinned tomatoes, onions, toothpaste, M&B Bannerlord, pasta, cereal - it's easily done.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GroggyGrognard

Going to give Total War: Shogun 2 a spin for the first time. Also, Infinite Minigolf on the PS4 with my girlfriend. It's a bit cartoony, but it's good casual fun with multiplayer. Maybe some The Division 2 also.  I've been meaning to get to Order of Battle: World War II but I just run out of time.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 01, 2020, 06:32:04 AM
I've been feeling better over the last couple of days so I think I'm turning the corner on COVID. It's good to be alive.

Stay healthy everyone.

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Having imaged patients who are either positive or rule out, no matter how mild or severe the symptoms are, I empathize with every one of them.

Stay safe and have a great May Day weekend, Grogs!

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Sir Slash

Let us know what you think about Shogun 2 Groggy.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tripoli

I've been feeling better over the last couple of days so I think I'm turning the corner on COVID. It's good to be alive.

Stay healthy everyone.

Glad you are feeling better.  If you are up to it, I would be interested to hear what your COVID experience was, as there is a lot of conflicting information out there.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tripoli on May 02, 2020, 03:27:55 AM

Stay healthy everyone.

Glad you are feeling better.  If you are up to it, I would be interested to hear what your COVID experience was, as there is a lot of conflicting information out there.

I got very lucky. Symptoms were relatively mild. Fever, aches, minor cough, GI issues and conjunctivitis, very tired and weak. I had very little respiratory distress so there was no point that I really felt "in trouble". Really the isolation from self quarantine was the hardest part. That being said, my wife is an anesthesiologist directly on the front line so I heard all the worst stories about young healthy people with minor symptoms all of sudden getting very sick very fast and dying. So, we were pretty much on alert with a pulse ox the entire time through.

I'd like to think I have the anti bodies now so I'm done with it, but they just don't know if there's immunity. It's pretty crazy how little they still understand about how this thing works.

Anyway, everyone be safe and be smart.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 02, 2020, 04:47:49 AM
Quote from: Tripoli on May 02, 2020, 03:27:55 AM

Stay healthy everyone.

I got very lucky. Symptoms were relatively mild. Fever, aches, minor cough, GI issues and conjunctivitis, very tired and weak. I had very little respiratory distress so there was no point that I really felt "in trouble". Really the isolation from self quarantine was the hardest part. That being said, my wife is an anesthesiologist directly on the front line so I heard all the worst stories about young healthy people with minor symptoms all of sudden getting very sick very fast and dying. So, we were pretty much on alert with a pulse ox the entire time through.

I'd like to think I have the anti bodies now so I'm done with it, but they just don't know if there's immunity. It's pretty crazy how little they still understand about how this thing works.

I'm glad you're OK. My neighbor is less fortunate: after 5 weeks in intensive care, the doctors seem to give up all hope.

For gaming I started playing something I had in my library for a couple of years : Metal Gear Solid V.  Somehow I find this game relaxing.

Jarhead0331

We've lost a lot of friends...mostly healthcare workers.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

trek

Hey JH,
Glad to hear you're recovering from Covid. I was wondering if you experienced "night sweats" as part of your symptoms. The reason I ask is I had Viral Pneumonia when I was 33. I had one lung filled with fluid and the other lung partially. I remember the worst part was trying to sleep and the night sweating. I'd wake up soaked. That to me was the worst part besides the complete exhaustion and basically having to crawl to the bathroom. I have a friend who has it and he is getting the sweats.

The health care workers are our soldiers fighting the war right now. My daughter is an ER Nurse, so I'm proud of her but scared for her at the same time.

sandman2575

Very glad to hear about your recovery, Jarhead. I'm sure that must have been a stressful and scary situation for you and your family.

And best wishes to Trek's daughter and everyone else on the frontline fighting this thing...

...interesting times, eh?   :o

Sir Slash

A very big, 'Ditto' from me concerning all who are sick and recovering.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Toonces

Wow, a lot to respond to here:

JH, great to hear you're feeling better.  I was wondering how you've been!  What's the deal with that Panzer mod?  I've had that game for a while now on GoG but haven't really given it enough effort.

Father Ted, great to see you back!  My old RoF nemesis!

Sir Slash, I really need to get back into M2TW.  Can you believe I've never finished a grand campaign?   Finished Crusades twice, though, so there's that.  I still think that was the best TW.

Budd, what Gettysburg game are you doing PBEM?

For me, no immediate plans, but I'll probably play something with submarines; Cold Waters, SH3, CMO, etc.  I downloaded Nevada and F/A-18 for DCS only to find they're for the beta build.  After installing the beta, it was another 120+ GB to import and I kinda gave up.  I just don't have that kind of time or patience at this point in my life. 

I'm sitting on the fence with Bannerlord....so many unplayed games....
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 02, 2020, 04:47:49 AM

Sounds like you were very lucky indeed. Interesting that you experienced very little respiratory distress. With that said, did you experience any degree of shortness of breath? Also, if you don't mind sharing, did they perform any diagnostic imaging on you?

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin