The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985

Started by steve58, July 08, 2015, 02:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

As part of the work in putting the official 1.02 UPDATE together, we're busy giving the 3D terrain tiles a quick touch-up too. Having given the 2D tiles a bit more washed out look, we're applying the same to 3D terrain as well.

This way, the units, which remain as they are now, will stand out better, even when No Unit Bases option is used:

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Jason Petho

Good day!

We plan to offer a CSME 2.10 UPDATE in the near future (likely Q1 2023).

This will bring the game up to current Campaign Series: Vietnam standards, giving you all the tools and toys that players of Vietnam have been enjoying.

The primary difference between the CSME 2.10 UPDATE and the full CSME 3.00 UPDATE will be the addition of CSEE Lua files for all stock scenarios. As the Lua scripting will take at least another year or so to complete, we decided to offer all the goodies in the CSME 2.10 UPDATE for you to play with in the meantime!

What are some of those goodies?

• Enhanced User Interface (including all new dynamic categorized toolbar, dialog pictorial backgrounds, etc.).
  • Enhanced Fog of War.
  • Enhanced Close Air Support Model.
  • Enhanced Reconnaissance and Spotting.
  • Enhanced Reporting.
  • Enhanced Assault.
  • Enhanced Movement.
  • Enhanced Targeting.
  • Revised Order of Battles.
  • New Combat Results Tables.
  • Overhaul of CSEE (Campaign Series Event Engine) system, with hundreds of new functions.
  • Enhanced EAI (Engine AI).
  • New units with new capabilities.
  • Revised and Improved Sounds.
  • New Unit Actions (Merge/Reduce/Fanatical Defend/Weak Defend/etc.).
  • Recallable Command Report and Message Log.
  • New display options (Map Hints, Hex Jump, TrackID Jump, and Highlights: All Units, Aircraft Units, AA Units, Reconnaissance Units, Loaded Transport Units, Landing Zones, etc.).
  • New game options (Center on Action, Scrolling, Zoom, Toolbar, Unit List, Counters, etc.).
  • Many new Organization Editor enhancements.
  • Many new Scenario Editor enhancements.
  • Many new Map Editor Enhancements.
  • And hundreds more additions, improvements, bug fixes, etc.

This amounts to a whole new game, truly!

There will be additional improvements for the CSME 2.10 UPDATE to be revealed as we get closer to release.

This is turning a new corner for our team. We plan on updating our games on an ongoing basis so that the games will remain fresh and on par with one another. No game left behind!

We appreciate your patience and continued support! Stay tuned for more exciting announcements!
Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin