Main Menu

Take Me FRI-DAY

Started by MetalDog, November 06, 2020, 07:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Mostly yard work ahead of the impending storm coming close by. I managed to get a shot of this little guy filling-up his tank too.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Hard to get any hummingbird picture to turn out unless it is feeding.

Sir Slash

They are fast little buggers. This guy has an emerald green body when the sunlight hits him just right. I love to watch them, just don't blink.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

My parents have had hummingbird feeders out since they moved to western NC.

One year the birds were so comfortable with them when the feeders ran out the birds would stalk my dad who typically would be working in the garage and buzz him until he refilled it.
Insert witty comment here.

CJReich46

Quote from: airboy on November 06, 2020, 08:23:27 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 06, 2020, 09:42:02 AM
Quote from: airboy on November 06, 2020, 09:35:13 AM
I'm playing Stirring Abyss - it is a squad, turn based, Lovecraftian horror, survival RPG distributed by Slitherine.  Think Jagged Alliance with a disabled sub on the bottom of the Atlantic facing Lovecraftian monsters while trying to get the sub back in action.  Barely into it, but it has been different and interesting.

Saw that and am interested; please give a trip report on it at some point if you can.

I'm enjoying it - but even on easy it is very difficult.  Unfortunately, no manual so it is trial and error learning curve.  I'm about to restart the game because I figured out some of how to play while getting my officer killed.

If I can recall, restarting it isn't a bad thing, you might get a different officer who might be better. That's my experience in the demo.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2020, 12:49:09 PM
I actually don't have Rise of Venice after successfully fighting the urge to buy it steeply discounted about 100 times. Worth getting eh?
If i remember well, you have played Grand Ages: Medieval so you should be familiar with the system. It's even easier because the cities alreay exist and you can focus on trade. Wouldn't buy it at full price. Imo go for the mood you prefer...I have a small preference for Port Royale but Venice is fun as well...very relaxing.

Crossroads

Playing my first ever game with Tiller's Squad Battle, with Advance of the Reich. I am an early war buff, so once I had a chance to play an old SB (and ASL) veteran it, bought it. So much easier to get into a new game with some one walking you through your very first scenario.

With Tiller Winter Sales coming up, I absolutely will get the Winter War game next.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

I am terrible at Grand Ages: Medieval...and I wanted to love that game 😥

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on November 08, 2020, 01:10:19 PM
I am terrible at Grand Ages: Medieval...and I wanted to love that game 😥
Don't worry. Both games are much easier...

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd