Main Menu

Everspace 2

Started by glen55, February 24, 2021, 07:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen55

I really think I've seen an Everspace 2 thread on here, but I just searched and couldn't find it, so my apologies for starting a new one if I am in fact a sinning sinner here. But I have a question about the game.

Anyway, Rockfish Games' Everspace 2 is out in Steam Early Access and it is catching some really favorable electronic ink waves on the intertubes as more of a fully-fleshed RPG than its more roguelike predecessor, Everspace. The general theme is "hey this is great, but the content is slim ATM." That appears destined not to remain so, as Rockfish has released a "road map" of its big plans for Everspace 2: https://www.pcgamer.com/the-everspace-2-roadmap-has-bombers-recon-ships-and-fast-travel/

After seeing some of this inter-ink, I reinstalled Everspace, which I don't think I ever played very much. And I could see right away that the 3-dimensional space fighter combat in Everspace is a bit too frantic for my tastes. I mean, I know that "frantic" kind of comes with the space fighter genre, but there can be "more frantic" or "less frantic" and the original Everspace kind of seems like "more."

So my question is for anybody who has placed both Everspace and Everspace 2: how does the combat in these two games compare? Anybody? Or if you've played only the latter, how is the franticosity?*

*"Franticosity" is a synonym for "franticishness."
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

al_infierno

Never heard of either of these games but they look quite cool.  Are they better with a joystick/flight stick/etc. or mouse and keyboard?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

'electronic ink waves on the intertubes' hahaha - I dig it!

Sorry I have not played either, but Everspace 2 has been on my wishlist since it was announced...I hope the comparisons to the Freelancer games are valid.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Demo now available on Steam.

Following a massive update to the Early Access version of EVERSPACE 2, ROCKFISH Games is releasing a brand new demo that reflects much of the polish that has gone into the game since last year's Prototype build was released. The demo, currently available on Steam, allows players to experience a significant portion of EVERSPACE 2's first star system before deciding to delve headfirst into a action-packed space shooter RPG, set in a carefully hand-crafted, pseudo-open game world.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1128920/EVERSPACE_2/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)