Field of Glory II Medieval - Time Warp free Add-On

Started by Boggit, February 26, 2021, 05:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

Absolutely brilliant!

This brings FoG2 to the same level of FoG on this matter and now offers that same functionality, especially where we get the era overlap between the end of the Ancient era and the start of the Medieval. This makes FoG2/Medieval so much better.

You can have a look at this awesome game here... Yes, I'm a fanboi, I admit it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1368870/Field_of_Glory_II_Medieval/

Slitherine Press Release

Field of Glory II Medieval  - Time Warp free Add-On

A new add-on for Field of Glory II: Medieval has arrived and it will allow everyone to create their own "Time Warp" battles. This new feature allows custom battles to be fought between armies from the Ancient period and Medieval armies (or vice versa). It will be possible to create an infinite number of customized "what-if" battle situations, which can be played against the AI or in multiplayer. If you ever wanted to know how the Normans would have fared against Augustus's legions, or the Assyrians against the Teutonic Knights, now is your chance. You can play these battles and more using the new "Time Warp" feature. To set up an anachronistic matchup, you will need to click on the "Select another module" button (in the Custom Battle setup screen) and turn off the Date and Geographical filters in the Enemy Army List selection panel.

The "Time Warp" add on is totally free and will allow all Field of Glory II: Medieval players to setup and fight single player and multiplayer games using any Medieval army and any FOG II "Ancient" army, from any DLC published for FOG II "Ancient".

Please note that currently, it will not be possible to create a fight between two Ancient armies, nor to use the FOG II "Ancient" client to play against "Medieval" armies.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

al_infierno

This reminds me I have several in-progress games for that tourny I need to put in turns for.   :-"

The new add on looks awesome!  I wonder if this will affect pot-luck picks at all - maybe a choice between Historical pot-luck and Time Warp pot-luck?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Boggit

Quote from: al_infierno on February 26, 2021, 06:13:37 PM
This reminds me I have several in-progress games for that tourny I need to put in turns for.   :-"

The new add on looks awesome!  I wonder if this will affect pot-luck picks at all - maybe a choice between Historical pot-luck and Time Warp pot-luck?
I've just updated it if you want to try it out MP?

I'm free for the next hour or so  to get the game done over a quick sitting, otherwise we can do it by normal returns, but be warned I'm erratic as to return speed.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

al_infierno

I'm down for normal returns, got a few things to do before I start gaming today.  If you wanna add me on Steam for easier comms, my username is the same as here, without the underscore.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao