A little more Friday

Started by Anguille, March 19, 2021, 02:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

The love of my youth...my ideal girlfriend of the 70's.  :dreamer:

I plan to play the following games:

- Stronghold Warlords. I will start the peace campaign (one of the two chinese campaigns).
- Imperiums: Greek Wars. Playing my longest campaign so far with Sparta. Though i already lost the score victory (the Acheminids had the biggest Empire at some point), i continue to achieve my own goals (among them crushing the bloody Athenians). I am going to complete the tech tree and there are quite a few things i discover in the game.
- Master of Orion: CtS.
- Lords of the Realm 3 because...i don't know, probably all the stronghold discussion. Somehow i wanted to play it again and will play all the campaigns again and it's handy because it's on my netbook and i can play it in the dining room.

This song was also an option but the title wouldn't have been great for the thread. The choreography is excellent.

Destraex

Steel Division 2
Star Citizen
Conquest Frontier Wars demo

Maybe some command modern operations or tank crew. Maybe some DCS. All depends.
BTW Ang, I cannot see your first video.

One thing I will say. Thank goodness the weekend is finally here! Been a long week.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

devoncop

Continuing my voyage of discovery with WITE and WITW ahead of WITE2 release next week.

As I have ordered the 3 Kilo manual which isn't being despatched until mid April I still have some time to get at least to "barely competent" level.....I will need that time but I am really enjoying the experience  so far.

Mixing in the concentration sessions involved with some hack and slash Titan Quest Legendary Edition which I also have never played before.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Anguille

Quote from: Destraex on March 19, 2021, 04:51:17 AM
On what OS are you playing it? I have the original game on my old Windows 7 computer but it doesn't run on Windows 10.

Dammit Carl!

Dunno, if you were thinking of using something from Xanadu, Anguille, you maybe could have gone with ELO's "Don't Walk Away." with the obvious Friday placement.

Fact: The Xanadu soundtrack was the first album I got with my own money, so nostalgia and all of that.  ELO's run in the 70's was top notch goods, in my book.

Anyhoo, driving on with theDivision 2 - I'm close to level 30 now in D.C. and have murdered my way across the city quite nicely.  The non-scripted street conflicts I run across now really have me sweating it sometimes as the A.I., more often than not, sandwiches me between two to three different patrols, so it's a matter of always, always, always keeping moving and watching for flankers.  Love it.

Keep on keeping on, folks, and stay safe!

Gusington

Only here can I read about top tracks from Xanadu and the AI in The Division 2 in the same thread. I love you freaks.

I will be continuing my campaign in perhaps one of my new favorite games ever: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, if my power doesn't go out from the 60 mph wind gusts outside my window.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SlagDog

Hah! My first album I bought with my own money was Boston's first album. Very memorable times. I think I was 11 years old. Spent all day in the backyard pulling weeds on a huge embankment. Worth every single weed I pulled. Even though that album is long gone that album still is on my phones play list. Anywho . . .

I plan on getting into a little IL-2 BOS campaign action. Maybe try out the Realistic Battles in Warthunder and then explore alittle in the new X4 DLC Cradle of Humanity.

Enjoy the Weekend!!!

Anguille

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on March 19, 2021, 07:24:06 AM
Dunno, if you were thinking of using something from Xanadu, Anguille, you maybe could have gone with ELO's "Don't Walk Away." with the obvious Friday placement.

Fact: The Xanadu soundtrack was the first album I got with my own money, so nostalgia and all of that.  ELO's run in the 70's was top notch goods, in my book.
Yeah, ELO was amazing in the 70's  \m/

MengJiao

Quote from: SlagDog on March 19, 2021, 09:36:51 AM
Hah! My first album I bought with my own money was Boston's first album. Very memorable times. I think I was 11 years old. Spent all day in the backyard pulling weeds on a huge embankment. Worth every single weed I pulled. Even though that album is long gone that album still is on my phones play list. Anywho . . .

I plan on getting into a little IL-2 BOS campaign action. Maybe try out the Realistic Battles in Warthunder and then explore alittle in the new X4 DLC Cradle of Humanity.

Enjoy the Weekend!!!

Hmmm...yep Those and HLL and DCS and  Boardgames

nelmsm

Well a slew of PBEM files to catch up with and after that I have three new Battlepaks for Lock 'n' Load Tactical Digital that I haven't kicked the tires on yet and I still have my Roman Campaigjn in Imperator: Rome to continue and if those don't keep my occupied I might dive back into War in the West  Busted my ass last weekend doing honey-do's so I'm hoping I can call this one my own.

Destraex

Quote from: Anguille on March 19, 2021, 05:17:31 AM
On what OS are you playing it? I have the original game on my old Windows 7 computer but it doesn't run on Windows 10.

Windows 10
However there is a little tweaking needed to get it to work.
I had to download some audio codecs because it had no sound. Also had to turn off a mouse setting to get the mouse to run smoothly.

There are a tonne of fixes pinned in the steam forums for the various issues.

It is recommended here to download this patch in one of the forums. However the patch seems to be the full game modded, better graphics and self contained!?
https://www.moddb.com/mods/conquest-2-frontier-wars-forever/downloads/

The link was in this thread still pinned in the steam forum
https://steamcommunity.com/app/578670/discussions/0/2595630410183886582/
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Toonces

I have really, really got a hankering for some cold war warfare.  I keep coming back to Cold Waters as the perfect game in these situations: just enough realism and flavor to scratch the itch without being overwhelmingly complex or a huge brain burn.  I'd really like to spend some time with CMO, but...see previous comment.

I also have been wanting to play some sort of operational land game set in Europe.  Jarhead's comments about Wargame: Red Dragon have me really wanting to revisit that series.  I so completely suck at the Wargame games, but then again, I really haven't invested enough time to learn the mechanics properly.

Finally, I'm considering re-installing an old game called The Operational Art of War III Century of Warfare because I think it has a Cold War '80's Europe scenario.  I only have it on disk, though, and I doubt it will run on my modern rig with Win10.  When the next Matrix sale comes around I really should pick up TOAW IV.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I gave Radio Commander the tiniest bit of a spin tonight, finally, and I am quite thrilled with the first impressions.  Considering it was like $5 I can't see how this game is a bad deal.

I played a quick skirmish mission just to get the idea of the controls, and then the first story mission.  At the conclusion of the story mission, the debrief gives you some idea of how your decisions affect the campaign going forward.  I also really liked the mandatory Squad Management (selectable in the prefs) where you get new guys and all of your troops have these individual traits that you need to manage among your squads.  I have never, ever, felt a game simulated what it is like to be a Division Officer/Platoon Commander as this game...only a few minutes in. 

I'll have to go back and see what the reviews of this game were like in the day, but so far this feels really like something special.  It tickles me the same way Scourge of War does with the courier system. 

I can't help feeling this is an under-represented way of portraying warfare in wargames.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Anguille

Quote from: Destraex on March 19, 2021, 10:47:25 PM
Quote from: Anguille on March 19, 2021, 05:17:31 AM

Windows 10
However there is a little tweaking needed to get it to work.
I had to download some audio codecs because it had no sound. Also had to turn off a mouse setting to get the mouse to run smoothly.

There are a tonne of fixes pinned in the steam forums for the various issues.

It is recommended here to download this patch in one of the forums. However the patch seems to be the full game modded, better graphics and self contained!?
https://www.moddb.com/mods/conquest-2-frontier-wars-forever/downloads/

The link was in this thread still pinned in the steam forum
https://steamcommunity.com/app/578670/discussions/0/2595630410183886582/
Thanks! Can't wait to check it out. One of my favourite games.