Happy Birthday Touch

Started by Michael Dorosh, April 01, 2021, 11:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dorosh

April 1st always gives me a giggle, because it makes me think of the launch of Combat Mission: Touch.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/combat-mission-touch

Battlefront, as it is wont to do, launched a brand new game out of thin air. Instead of a PC strategy-sim, which had been its bread and butter for a dozen years at that point, it announced a brand new Android version of their marquee game.

And no one believed them because they did it on April Fool's Day.

I never "touched" CM: Touch but I understand it wasn't a terrible adaptation.  Is anyone still playing this?

FarAway Sooner

My wife had a co-worker fired on April Fool's Day.  He was mission-critical, and nobody believed that he'd actually been fired.  They were all making fun of him for pulling such an extravagant April Fool's Day prank.

Staggerwing

I tried CM:Touch when it came out but found it a bit fiddly. To be honest, I was still getting used to the idea of playing touch-screen games then so it may warrant another look.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys