Wish I had a FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, May 07, 2021, 09:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Wish I could go to real concerts  ...

For gaming some Steel Division II and Graviteam Mius Front.

Anguille

Brand new song from the new Chesney Hawkes record is out today. Duet with Nik Kershaw (on a Nik Kershaw song).

Have a very busy weekend but i'll try to do the following:

- One mission in Conflict Desert Storm
- One mission in Stronghold Warlords (new Sun Tzu campaign will be released on the 28th of may so need to speed up).
- Continue my Rome campaign in Aggressors: Ancient Rome.
- Continue my Tachidi campaign in Master of Orion 3.
- Downloading the Alexander DLC for Imperiums in order to start testing it  8)

Have a good weekend.

Anguille

Man....you were a tad faster than me!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Anguille on May 07, 2021, 09:25:45 AM

I knew I had to hurry as I felt a Nik Kershaw song coming  >:D  :hug:.

Anguille

Quote from: Pete Dero on May 07, 2021, 10:46:15 AM
Quote from: Anguille on May 07, 2021, 09:25:45 AM

I knew I had to hurry as I felt a Nik Kershaw song coming  >:D  :hug:.
And you were right! But you you were not fast enough!  8)

Gusington

Continuing on in a Rome: Total War Remastered campaign as the Scipii as well as some Age of Empires Definitive Edition games, and digitally fondling Imperiums: Greek Wars...haven't pulled the trigger there yet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Wouldn't it be good to be in your shoes, even if it was for just one day?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

I have it on good authority that Gus' shoes are responsible for breaking-up the Swedish Bikini Volleyball Team.  ^-^
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Anguille on May 07, 2021, 09:25:09 AM

Have a very busy weekend but i'll try to do the following:

- One mission in Conflict Desert Storm
- One mission in Stronghold Warlords (new Sun Tzu campaign will be released on the 28th of may so need to speed up).
- Continue my Rome campaign in Aggressors: Ancient Rome.
- Continue my Tachidi campaign in Master of Orion 3.
- Downloading the Alexander DLC for Imperiums in order to start testing it  8)

Have a good weekend.

Alexander DLC sounds fun.

I'm drifting into an East Front kind of thing.  I got the John Tiller Stalingrad '42 to prove it.  Working on a scenario where Rotminstrov (who led the 5th Guards Tank Army at Kursk) a few months earlier in his career, takes the 7th Tank Corps for a spin in the 5th Shock Army and has a successful role in stopping both pincers of Wintergewitter.  Maybe I'll get some screenshots if anything spectacular happens.

Destraex

Iron Harvest - I really do enjoy the whacky units in this game. I kinda hope their will be a movie. The content seems good enough, but the factional nation premise probably makes it too divisive.
Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail - The campaign in this is spectacular! I have now been posted to the Mediterranean with Napoleon reported as having been promoted to artillery officer! I had no idea the campaign would take me anywhere but the coast of the Americas! This game is an absolute blast. I have just captured a L'Ocean 1st rate!
Steel Division 2 - Still need to get used to all the changes and new divisions

Kinda thinking of returning Rome remastered. I am not sure the nostalgia is enough to make this game worth while. I am still dreaming of a rome3 that had ultra hard core realism and nice unit visuals. I have played a few test battles and that is it. In my opinion the rome engine does not look great with modern hardware. You know, shimmering sarrissa at a distance etc
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

I agree that even with a remastering the visuals of Rome TW Remastered cannot compete with current titles (even Rome 2). That said, the magic is back for me...I am having a ton of fun and have been losing sleep to my Scipii campaign. With mods, Rome TW Remastered will become a reborn classic and I am very much looking forward to playing Barbarian Invasion (one of my favorite games ever) and trying out the Alexander campaign.

Even though I was feeling slightly burned by not being able to get the discount (I found out how to do it too late), I still feel I am getting my money's worth. About 10 days after release and there are currently 125+ mods available.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Vintage Dude

Can you get a discount if you bought a hard copy of the original game?

Toonces

Quote from: Toonces on April 02, 2021, 07:09:59 PM
Frequently you can activate a game on Steam by entering your hard copy code in the activate game tab.  I don't know if it will work with Rome 1.  You'll have to try it to find out.

Games --> Activate a game on Steam
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs