WTF? Gamelabs sold to mobile F2P company!?

Started by Jarhead0331, May 12, 2021, 10:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

This can't be true. I refuse to believe it.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

^If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

The video references the official announcements. I know it is real, my mind just refuses to accept it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

WHAT WHAT WHAT

There's a ton of legal text in the above links. I just want to know what's going to happen to their stable of PC games (especially Dreadnoughts) going forward...

crap

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Whoops, just noticed this thread already exists.  Yeah, this doesn't seem like a good sign...
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

CapnKirk

They probably just want Gamelabs' assets to make a sweet commercial that plays 20 times while you try to watch a YouTube video, and the commercial has the added bonus of having nothing to do with the actual game.

But on a serious note, what a strange deal.

Wasn't Gamelabs started by the guy that made ai mods for total war games?

Destraex

Games labs did naval action first iirc..
Then ultimate general got done with darthmod the total war modder from greece. This series continues to this day. Ultimate admiral age of sail uses the naval action shop models from what I have seen too.
Then you had the american indian game "this land is our land".
Then you had ultimate admiral dreadnoughts not out of beta yet
Naval Action has a single player follow up called SEA LEGENDS in the works that has a first person perspective.... this is the one I would be most worried about. Because it is ultra hard core with things like lee way modelled iirc

A good company that did innovative unique games nobody else was game to. Now I do wonder about their future. Will they now be casual and risk averse?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

Yes 'Darth Vader', aka Nick Thomadis, did the DarthMods for a lot of TW games.

Looking at the Game Labs forums now, there is just one small mention there of the Stillfront deal, with no response yet:

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/38720-stillfront-purchase/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

My bad, although he doesn't really say much. I hope he keeps his promise that it will only affect Dreadnoughts 'positively.' Time will tell. I'm still not getting the warm and fuzzies, all that said.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

The_Admiral

Well I don't expect him to say it's going to be terrible news  :P
But at least he felt the need to response & stake his name on the contents he writes, so I'll wait and see!  :coolsmiley: