Main Menu

UFOs

Started by solops, May 16, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

So, sounds like several governments, including the U.S., are reversing their "UFOs are fiction" position. And society has not collapsed. Go figure. Does make you wonder what is and has been going on. Makes you wonder if our governments surrendered a long time ago without consulting us, in return for special consideration for "special persons". The whole thing throws us out into silliness....except that it might not be. Heck. Earth may already be a Vichy France puppet state.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Destraex

UFO's, in the form of unidentified flying objects NOT confirmed aliens, sighted by the US navy have been in the press lately and are undeniable. That is probably all it is. Pilots have been seeing objects that they cannot identify that are ridiculously fast and change direction in an instant.

Here is the related fighter pilot podcast talking about the really old sightings. But recently it seems they have been seeing them again (I think)

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on May 16, 2021, 10:48:33 PM
So, sounds like several governments, including the U.S., are reversing their "UFOs are fiction" position. And society has not collapsed. Go figure. Does make you wonder what is and has been going on. Makes you wonder if our governments surrendered a long time ago without consulting us, in return for special consideration for "special persons". The whole thing throws us out into silliness....except that it might not be. Heck. Earth may already be a Vichy France puppet state.

The technology that propels these crafts is so far advanced beyond anything we are capable of even understanding that I believe the beings who created them would have simply no need or interest to negotiate with our governments or to conduct any form of clandestine diplomacy - we don't have anything that they could not take with ease, so I really do not buy that kind of an argument.

The reason for the shift I believe is two fold. One, camera and tracking equipment has advanced to the point where there is simply no plausible form of deniability at this point. Seeing is really believing.  Second, I believe these objects now represent a very credible national security threat that needs to be addressed publicly. These objects violate our most secure airspace with impunity and have, from what I understand, interfered with our most sensitive operations, some of which involve nuclear power and weapons.

I think admitting there is a problem is the first step toward coming together to work toward some form of a defense. 

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

JH, That would be the good explanation. But, MAYBE we are tasty or would make good cannon fodder for their Vietnam or tribute to a third party. Maybe it has taken them this long to establish a solid base here to prep for the big reveal (the end of a long supply chain). The trip here might be a challenge. Maybe they want to make use of local labor for an expansion base. A huge surge in our tech could prepare the planet for their occupation or prepare us as a captive consumer market? Could they be a private or corporate venture rather than a government operation? A target for rushed competitive expansion? OK, sorry about the "maybe" stacking.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

An interesting exercise would be to look at all or part of the last 100 years with either the threat of or direct influence of (cooperation or manipulation) an alien presence in mind. We, or just our planetary infrastructure, may need to be uplifted to be of use. It also makes the relatively recent worldwide, instant mass media's ability to distract and focus public attention an interesting feature.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on May 17, 2021, 08:27:11 AM
JH, That would be the good explanation. But, MAYBE we are tasty or would make good cannon fodder for their Vietnam or tribute to a third party. Maybe it has taken them this long to establish a solid base here to prep for the big reveal (the end of a long supply chain). The trip here might be a challenge. Maybe they want to make use of local labor for an expansion base. A huge surge in our tech could prepare the planet for their occupation or prepare us as a captive consumer market? Could they be a private or corporate venture rather than a government operation? A target for rushed competitive expansion? OK, sorry about the "maybe" stacking.

I think that assuming these objects are created and controlled by extraterrestrials, they are so far advanced beyond us that all of these "practical" considerations you suggest are just totally beneath their plane of existence. If you have technology that can defy the laws of physics and relativity, and pretty much move anywhere instantaneously, imagine what else they are capable of and again question why they would need to "ask" us for anything. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

What if it turned out that most of these sightings we of actual terrestrial origin - that a power here on Earth did indeed design and build them and were that far ahead of everyone else. Sort of like at the dawn of flight a small handful of countries had powered, heavier than air craft, while the vast majority did not. That would be an interesting scenario.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on May 17, 2021, 10:17:08 AM
What if it turned out that most of these sightings we of actual terrestrial origin - that a power here on Earth did indeed design and build them and were that far ahead of everyone else. Sort of like at the dawn of flight a small handful of countries had powered, heavier than air craft, while the vast majority did not. That would be an interesting scenario.

Certainly a possibility, and one that cannot be ruled out. However, these are multi-medium craft and that is unlike anything our science is capable of as far as we know.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

solops

JH, I hope you are correct and that the advanced aliens are here doing a National Geographic show. That would be the absolute best case. It is a real possibility. That said, I would hate to rely on alien benevolence. I absolutely do not believe that advanced tech and benevolence are necessarily tied together.
Gus, yeah, interesting, but I fear few human regimes would be able to forego the opportunity to throw their weight around with such an advantage. Your proposal hints at an ""Atlantis under the sea" kind of thing as well.

Back in the fear school of thought, the likelihood of many of the scenarios depend on whether travel to/from star systems is fast or slow, expensive or not. And how valuable our real estate is - that is a real danger.

The "people are tasty" option in a ""travel is fast" scenario is worrisome. Maybe the Wuhan virus is an Earth attempt to infect people with something that makes them less tasty. Or maybe the vaccine is the stinkifier. Or maybe it is an alien effort to make us even more tastier?

solops

Back when I was in college National Lampoon did a piece supposing that Earth was a farm colony for competing aliens. To keep them happy, we farmed cancer cells for them which were used as high quality fuel for their starships.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on May 17, 2021, 10:33:47 AM
JH, I hope you are correct and that the advanced aliens are here doing a National Geographic show. That would be the absolute best case. It is a real possibility. That said, I would hate to rely on alien benevolence. I absolutely do not believe that advanced tech and benevolence are necessarily tied together.
Gus, yeah, interesting, but I fear few human regimes would be able to forego the opportunity to throw their weight around with such an advantage. Your proposal hints at an ""Atlantis under the sea" kind of thing as well.

Back in the fear school of thought, the likelihood of many of the scenarios depend on whether travel to/from star systems is fast or slow, expensive or not. And how valuable our real estate is - that is a real danger.

The "people are tasty" option in a ""travel is fast" scenario is worrisome. Maybe the Wuhan virus is an Earth attempt to infect people with something that makes them less tasty. Or maybe the vaccine is the stinkifier. Or maybe it is an alien effort to make us even more tastier?

Who said they are benevolent? Not me. I simply said that if they are here and if they wanted something, they would most likely just take it, rather than engaging in any diplomacy or cooperation for it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Sir Slash

If we're speculating here, how about the, 'Scare-Crow' scenario where government(s) develop an advanced propulsion craft, helped by tricky video editing or other means, to convince us aliens are here and all peoples must unite together to....do whatever. I'm consistently struck by the poor, grainy video of these encounters. Shouldn't there be much clearer, better quality video available to us by now? I mean these are taken by our very most advanced air and sea craft. I realize these videos are the ones that have been de-classified after all. Maybe these are the videos they want us to see to sell the lie.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

solops

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 17, 2021, 11:50:23 AM
If we're speculating here, how about the, 'Scare-Crow' scenario where government(s) develop an advanced propulsion craft, helped by tricky video editing or other means, to convince us aliens are here and all peoples must unite together to....do whatever. I'm consistently struck by the poor, grainy video of these encounters. Shouldn't there be much clearer, better quality video available to us by now? I mean these are taken by our very most advanced air and sea craft. I realize these videos are the ones that have been de-classified after all. Maybe these are the videos they want us to see to sell the lie.

Wait...Are you suggesting that our Government is LYING to us?!???!?
Umm, never mind... Most of the scenarios here suggest they are. I guess they all require that our governments are either lying to us or are complete idiots. Now that is a real brain teaser.

JH, sorry. No, you never said they were benevolent.  Besides, they could be benevolent AND hungry, but kind to their food. Kind of like an all-organic chicken farmer. For the food scenario to work out we would have to be pretty tasty to justify the cost and expense, like truffles or Kobe beef!

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 17, 2021, 08:10:55 AM

The technology that propels these crafts is so far advanced beyond anything we are capable of even understanding

How can we be sure of this without any physical evidence?  The declassified footage is certainly strange, but it's just grainy footage of a distant object flying around.  I'm not sure I see the leap to conclusion that this technology doesn't exist on our planet when we don't actually know what it is and nobody ever actually saw it up close.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on May 17, 2021, 12:42:22 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 17, 2021, 08:10:55 AM

The technology that propels these crafts is so far advanced beyond anything we are capable of even understanding

How can we be sure of this without any physical evidence?  The declassified footage is certainly strange, but it's just grainy footage of a distant object flying around.  I'm not sure I see the leap to conclusion that this technology doesn't exist on our planet when we don't actually know what it is and nobody ever actually saw it up close.

You haven't watched any of the videos I presume. The evidence is of these objects traveling more than 80,000 feet in less then 1 second, or avigating without any sign of propulsion while shifting between air and water. That is pretty compelling evidence of systems based upon gravitational technology that violates our known laws of physics.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog