Main Menu

ALEA JACTA EST

Started by Bismarck, August 20, 2012, 09:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 29, 2013, 05:50:19 AM
Quote from: Anguille on January 29, 2013, 04:35:00 AM
I read this in the matrix forum...if it's correct, i think it's a good solution (afaik, this is working likewise with Scourge of War: Chancellorsville)

QuoteIt's not a DLC if that's what you mean. Birth of Rome does not require ownership of Alea Jacta Est as it is a stand alone product all by itself but if you already happen to own AJE, BOR will add its new scenarios & expand certain parts of the basic AJE game.
I am pretty certain the developers over at ageod have made it clear it is a separate install and will not automatically merge the two products together.  In fact they recently posted where they discouraged copying the scenarios into Aje since they can't guarantee they will work and might promote piracy.  Look at post 104.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?27732-BOR-First-AJE-Expansion/page4
Even so - Pocus gave me a solution to avoid drive bloat with AGE/BOR, which I posted in the BOR article I did a while back. IIRC you copy the AJE scenarios, and textures to the BOR folder. Check it out properly though, as I can't remember off the cuff whether that was all that was required. It worked for me without any problems. And you save a huge amount of HDD space that otherwise gets taken up by redundant files!

Hannibal will be stand alone, but again IIRC if you already have AJE/BOR it will be this time treated automatically as a scenario pack for AJE/BOR depending on what you're using. No need to manually cut and paste bits, and mess around with 2 installs. There is a point of view that this is what should have happened first time around. Anyway, it should be all very easy now, with no uneccessary drive bloat.

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

steve58

Hannibal: Terror of Rome Released.  $20.

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1450/Hannibal:.Terror.of.Rome.Released!

The Alea Jacta Est series expands with a standalone release centered on Hannibal's campaigns.

Hannibal - the legendary Carthaginian military commander - is reviewing his troops before the battle. Today he's waging one of his most important campaigns with the release of Terror of Rome, the latest installment of the Alea Jacta Est Series!

In this new Grand Strategy game using the AGEod engine, you will be able to join the Roman or the Carthaginian forces and relive one of the biggest clash of Ancient History with only one goal in mind: vying for hegemony in Mediterranean territories.

Hannibal: Terror of Romeis a true simulation that puts you in the place of the main commanders of the Ancient World. You will be in charge of building, managing, organizing and maneuvering armies, whilst taking into account the economic, military and political situation. The game is built on the renowned AGE engine and offers a comprehensive level of detail and historical accuracy.

The game features five historical scenarios:

The First Illyrian War(230-228 BC) sees Rome opposing the aggressive Illyrian pirates and the Greek cities of the South in the Adriatic Sea. To contain the pirate's activity, military forces were sent by the Achaean League and even Rome. For the first time the Roman consuls focus on the East.

The Cisalpine War(225-222 BC) confronts Rome with a ferocious Celtic tribe. It's time for revenge as these Gallic warriors sacked Rome in 390 BC.

The Second Punic War(219-201 BC) is a major campaign that starts even before the clash between Rome and Carthage; with Roman legions fighting in the Second Illyrian War, and Carthage finishing its conquest of Hispania...

Cannae(216-201 BC) begins with panic in the Roman army after its catastrophic defeat at the Battle of Cannae. The scenario starts with the withdrawal of Syracuse, Capua and Taranto from the war in Italy. The situation is critical!

Scipio Africanus (211-201 BC) narrates the Spanish campaigns of the best Roman general of the war, and his final fight against Hannibal in Africa.

Note this is a stand-alone game that does not require the Alea Jacta Est base game to play.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

At that price, I'll be buying it sooner rather than later.  8)

steve58

AJE is now available on Steam and is $9.99 for the first week.

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1548/Another.wargaming.classic.lands.on.Steam!

...ninja'd by Kushan in the Sales thread  :))
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

smittyohio

Can anyone comment on the quality of the DLC for AJE that's also available on Steam now?    Cantabrian Wars and Spartacus?   They are cheap, but was just wondering how much meat there is to them.

Nefaro

I have Spartacus but never played that scenario.  It's small/short in relation to all the others in the base game.  So the larger ones always got my attention.

panzerde

Cantabrian Wars is smaller but not especially easy. I haven't tried Spartacus although I have it.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

sandman2575

Incidentally, nice to see Groghead's AJE review prominently displayed on the Steam product page.  Not sure who reviewed, else I'd give credit where due.

Will have to buy at this price...

smittyohio

Newbie question... I bought AJE, and was playing the tutorial, and couldn't figure out a way to slow down the turn resolution.   My armies move a lightning speed across the map, and it makes it  a bit hard to follow what's going on.  Is there an option to slow it down?

Thanks in advance!

panzerde

I *think* if you go into the game Options, then "Media" and click the last box on "Focus on Move" it'll effectively slow things down. The default is "No Focus" so the game doesn't pause or move to the region where a unit moves at the end of a move. That last box should cause the focus to move to the region where the unit moved and then delay for a time. The other boxes shorten the delay if the game is pausing too long - if I remember correctly.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Surtur

Hi guys,

For those of you who just bought the game and are new to the series, we are going to do a live gaming session on our Twitch channel today at 20:00 CET (14:00 EST). Here we will go over the basics of the game and gameplay rules to make it easier for you to jump in :)

Cheers,

Surtur
"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"