PC Game Review: Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '45 East

Started by The Wargamer, September 23, 2012, 05:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I know it probably shouldn't bother me, but for some reason leaves a bad taste when another site only posts on this site to draw attention to their material.....guess I should just forget about it:)

junk2drive

At first glance, it bothered me too. But then I figure that we all came from there and some of us still check the posts. It's not like it is selling something.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Bison

Interesting advertising concept I guess.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on September 23, 2012, 07:11:27 PM

I'm not sure it's advertising as much as desperation. Apparently their own audience is insufficient so they're trying to get more here.

<shrug>

We'll think over whether we want to permit this in principle - it's certainly not good taste and of questionable ethics.

While they have more to lose by us posting over there and pulling their dwindling audience here, I don't think it behooves any of us to stoop so low and I wouldn't encourage folks to go over there and counter-post.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Ubercat

They could post some more news stories about software for playing Hearts. That will grow their member base.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

MikeGER

....someone seems to be so incompetent that even his SPAM doesent work ::)

LOL   ;D

(of course the article can be read on the frontpage of that side... so its there
http://www.wargamer.com/article/3249/pc-game-review-panzer-corps-grand-campaign-'45-east)

in addition, i doubt this kind of blatant cry for a little trafic is sanctioned by Slitherine management ...i will talk about this and all the other recent fails at the Wargamer with JD in person, when i see him at the Spiel2012 trade fair in October.   

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: LongBlade on September 23, 2012, 07:45:05 PM
Quote from: Bison on September 23, 2012, 07:11:27 PM

I'm not sure it's advertising as much as desperation. Apparently their own audience is insufficient so they're trying to get more here.

<shrug>

We'll think over whether we want to permit this in principle - it's certainly not good taste and of questionable ethics.

While they have more to lose by us posting over there and pulling their dwindling audience here, I don't think it behooves any of us to stoop so low and I wouldn't encourage folks to go over there and counter-post.

Personally I don't think any site should allow a user account to post with the only purpose being to advertise another sites content, equates to spam and really bad taste.  It might be different if the user account participated in other general discussions but this account clearly is used for advertising.

My vote would be to not allow it for this account and any other account like this that would come along.

jomni

Why would it bother you?  Spammer?  Is there a ban on promoting another site's relevant articles?