Amazon PC Games Link

Started by LongBlade, July 22, 2012, 01:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JudgeDredd

It's slightly annoying that Amazon UK seems to think users in the UK don't want to buy downloads!
Alba gu' brath

LongBlade

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 23, 2012, 09:08:44 AM
It's slightly annoying that Amazon UK seems to think users in the UK don't want to buy downloads!

I'm not sure what I can do about that. The account is US based so the links might be also.

It's my understanding that once you follow our link into Amazon we still get credit, so perhaps you can navigate to the UK site and see if they'll give you downloads via that.

JudgeDredd

oh sorry LB - that wasn't directed at you.

The US has been able to buy download PC games from Amazon for quite some time now - I was just venting that they still haven't moved that system over to the UK..

Apologies. I'm sure there are LOADS of people who would be grateful for the link - as would I if Amazon got their finger out  ;)
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

I meant to ask - looking at the link, are these specific deals for Grogheads members? If so, that's quite cool.
Alba gu' brath

LongBlade

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 23, 2012, 10:24:20 AM
I meant to ask - looking at the link, are these specific deals for Grogheads members? If so, that's quite cool.

I don't know.

Amazon has some highly sophisticated software. It wouldn't surprise me if many of those deals weren't tailored to you or me as individuals. Whether they're specific to our link or not? That I don't know. Could be. I doubt it as we're not really big enough to warrant a lot of experimentation, but it's possible that a computer algorithm has been created which could be used on us. I just don't know.

MIGMaster

Quoteit's possible that a computer algorithm has been created which could be used on us.

I think Homeland Security has the same thing for monitoring all us Grogheads!

Fetrik

I just clicked around a bit and there seem to be nothing stopping me from buying. I was logged in and it seem connected to my /uk account.
It is possible that they would add VAT. Worth trying when a good deal pops up

LongBlade

Quote from: MIGMaster on July 23, 2012, 10:40:27 AM
Quoteit's possible that a computer algorithm has been created which could be used on us.

I think Homeland Security has the same thing for monitoring all us Grogheads!

I'm holding out for 30% off UAV camera supplies.

Electric_Strawberry

Picked up the Stronghold Collection through the link. 

Jarhead0331

Inversion is on sale for $9.98.  Word is, its a very underrated game.  I think the deal is for USA only.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 23, 2012, 10:22:40 AM
oh sorry LB - that wasn't directed at you.

The US has been able to buy download PC games from Amazon for quite some time now - I was just venting that they still haven't moved that system over to the UK..

Apologies. I'm sure there are LOADS of people who would be grateful for the link - as would I if Amazon got their finger out  ;)

Well Amazon is very region-specific.    They don't even sell ebooks to Singapore.  Duh! I made a dummy US account and used gift cards to do this. :)  The US gets most of the love. :(

steve58

Amazon has the Absolutely Great Square Pack -- for $9.99 this week.

Absolutely Great Square Pack includes the following games:

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link DLC
  • Hitman: Blood Money
  • Just Cause
  • Just Cause 2
  • Supreme Commander 2
  • The Last Remnant
  • Quantum Conundrum

Looks like they are currently out of codes, but this is their big deal-of-the-week though, so it should be back (hopefully).

Looks like the deal is back...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)