Friday Gaming - the Guy Fawkes setting fire to **** + launching fireworks thread

Started by undercovergeek, November 02, 2012, 04:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Bonfires and displays scheduled from Friday night all the way through to purists on Monday night. What are we gaming between the burning, firing, parkin eating, pie and pea munching, cinder toffee crunching and sparkler twirling?

Ill be:-

CMBN/FI PBEMing
CKII Parma AAR-ing for the front page
CKII Brandenburging

revisiting Bloodbowl and recommencing my attempt to win the league as the Orcs

and ill be buying Anno 1404 to chill out and build stuff - thanks Huw

and DLing Dwarf Fortress to see if i can get in again

Anguille

This weekend:

Civil War Generals 2:
27 May 1862...day 1 of the battle at Harper's Ferry...T.J. Jackson and R.S. Ewell are trying to get rid of the Union's troops defending the region.

Gemini Wars:
The fleet's mission is to protect hospital ships leaving the Heremon System against Alien attacks...tougth mission as you can't lose a single evacuation ship (30 in total).

Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar:
My first attempt at the battle of Pharsalus ended in a defeat...i have to rethink my strategy this time.

Nefaro

War Thunder Beta -  Still!  8)  Best one of it's kind IMO, and it's not even out of closed beta yet.

Alea Jacta Est - For some strategy thinkin'

Football Mogul 2013 and/or FOF2k7 - Stress free button punching at my leisure.

The ones that could accidentally take over:

NEO Scavenger, Civ V, Blood Bowl Chaos Edition, Torchlight 2, Port Royale 3

MetalDog

Supposed to spend a goodly amount of time with the S.O.  In between it will be Civ IV MP and CKII.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Greybriar

I will be playing World of Tanks to take advantage of the Halloween and Day of the Dead specials, but most importantly the Golden Joystick Celebration.

World of WarCraft also demands my attention--my craftsmen are in need of resources.

A goodly portion of my remaining time will be spent playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Yskonyn

My Games for the weekend will be:

Sword of the Stars 2 (yay it works now! And MP is FUN!)

Elemental: Fallen Enchantress

XCom: Enemy Unkown

Guild Wars 2 (for hanging out with guildies)

and some cruising in Forza Horizon on the XBox
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Zulu1966

Well

Take the new panzer campaigns game for a spin. Maybe some Achtung Panzer Op star with the new update (looks amazing). Maybe some XCOM. Some Alea and Decisive campaigns. Maybe take a mod I found for NTW for a spin. Then I want to really try and get into A10 Warthog. Then Fight some SAI from NWS and continue my campaigns in CMSF, CMBN and CMFI. Then I want to Look at ageods wars in america again.

you see the problem. And thats not listing the hundred others I want to try.

Even if I manage to make a decision - it will all probably be usurped by the fact I cant stop watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. Just at the end of series three and it is simply one of the best things I have ever seen.

I need two of me so I can do all the things I want.

Still - my six year old has developed an interest in Combat Mission - that maybe  where my future lies.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Bison

CptHowdy

got back into skyrim recently so will be playing that. trying to roleplay a dark elf mage/thief. have a barking dog following me and it doesnt seem to affect my stealth! kinda breaks the immersion but it helps in fights and is involved in a quest so wont dismiss it yet.

Gusington

I will be attempting to get in and out of NYC to help a good friend who has last his house. If I suck at this game it is going to get ugly...for me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Knavery

Quote from: Gusington on November 02, 2012, 08:05:14 AM
I will be attempting to get in and out of NYC to help a good friend who has last his house. If I suck at this game it is going to get ugly...for me.

Sorry to hear about that Gus. I couldn't keep my eyes off CNN during this entire ordeal. It's simply astonishing the desctruction Sandy waged on the Eastern U.S.

PanzersEast

Couple of items on the agenda.... maybe Some Left 4 Dead 2 if anyone is up and I saw where Counter Strike GO is free this weekend.

• Fallen Enchantress
  • X-Com
  • A mission of SF2
  • Alea Jacta Est
  • The WarZ (Beta)

PE

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 02, 2012, 04:20:19 AM
Ill be:-

CMBN/FI PBEMing
CKII Parma AAR-ing for the front page
CKII Brandenburging

Sounds good.  I will be playing Crecy Men of Iron Style and probably CarrierCommand and maybe CKII and AJE.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces