Combat Mission Game Releases?

Started by SgtRock, November 02, 2012, 04:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SgtRock

I liked the demo for CMFI better than CMBN one but, would like an expanded TOE (American TD's & Armor cars). Does anyone know what the planed release schedule is, very confused by their future plans for these games?

CMBN - with the Brit add-on is a better value at $65 USD but, then there's the required upgrade ($10-$15?) for any additional add-ons like Market Garden ($35 USD).

CMFI - $55 USD and there's been talk of a Brit add-on, what else is planned for this game, can't find anything official on their web site.

Any idea what's coming next or will they still be releasing add-on's and even more required upgrades ($$$) for CMBN & CMFI, after they release their Eastfront and ShockForce 2 games next year?

Zulu1966

Well - full disclosure here  - I am a zealot when it comes to combat mission - all of the games are well worth the price but that is just my opinion.

to be honest - CMFI came as a total surprise for most people so anything with regard to a release schedule is pure heresay...even when it comes from official sources.

As far as I know - CMFI will extend via 2 new modules to encompass the whole theatre - not just sicily. So iguess that will mean commonwealth forces etc at some stage.

Not certain whats next and I think thats just a guess ... but as I always understood it Market garden was next in the "Normandy Family" and then a further module to tie up loose ends (esoteric vehicles etc.)

Bulge is a separate family and will take things to the end of the war.

The Ukraine modern game and the bagration family on the eastern front were supposedly slated for release in the next year though given battlefronts estimates that a pig poke - but they seemed fairly confident the engine was in such a state now they can be more confident of meeting their targets.

Not forgetting the upgrades to the existing modules all in all it looks very bright for combat mission gaming - cant wait for anything they do personally
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

LongBlade

I was chatting with Battlefront yesterday and didn't get any hints. I know stuff is in the works, but that's it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Con

Have they given any dates for the update patch for the core CMBN that will bring it up to the same interface etc as CMFI?

Thanks
Conrad

LongBlade

Quote from: Con on November 02, 2012, 04:30:41 PM
Have they given any dates for the update patch for the core CMBN that will bring it up to the same interface etc as CMFI?

Thanks
Conrad

Sorry, I didn't get any specifics out of the conversation. But I will follow up soon. Rest assured, they'll eventually crack ;)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Con

Thats too bad I was playing the German campaign for the Falaise Pocket and I sort of put it away while waiting for the patch.  I would prefer when playing the Germans especially to have the target armor and fire for short time commands enabled.

Con

Grim.Reaper

Just had to comment on your username......Sgt Rock was my all time favorite comic book growing up...great stuff.

Staggerwing

Will CMFI be the one to bring in the Africa Settentrionale, the DAK, and the Eighth Army? I'm jonesing for Semoventes, 88s in their glory, and fierce ANZACs.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys