Main Menu

HOI2 vs HOI3

Started by solops, November 04, 2012, 09:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

I need someone to give me a synopsis of HOI3. I played a lot of HOI2 w/ expansions and thought it was OK. When HOI3 came it it was loudly panned as incomplete and broken, so I have ignored it. Now there have been several expansions I assume it has been fixed. So, how is it and what is new from HOI2?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

jjdenver

I have both with expansions. I've played both. I don't like HOI3 as much. It's a bit of a PITA to play really while HOI2 is more fun. AI used to be awful in both, never did solid invasions of Europe, etc. But not sure with xpacs which has better AI now. I wouldn't waste money on HOI3 until multiple people report it's great and AI is good. I'd just buy HOI2 xpacs.

Greybriar

Be sure to buy the HoI3 expansions or the game won't be as playable. Consider them large patches.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.