Main Menu

Elven Legacy

Started by gocrows, November 06, 2012, 05:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gocrows

Hello all,
been wondering about this series for a while, so just picked the whole collection up on GG for 3.50, using blue coins.

Anyone have any feedback on it? Either way, free is a good price!

Greybriar

You got a good deal!

It's been quite a while since I've played Elven Legacy. I liked it, but I lost interest in it rather quickly and moved on to other games that were released.

Check out the Elven Legacy Playthrough by RPGDeLarge. I hope it helps you out.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Huw the Poo

I bought the gold edition for silly money during some sale, then promptly won it in a Paradox competition a couple of weeks later.  ::)

Fun little game.  I don't know why I didn't stick with it but I don't think I had any major issues.

Rayfer

If it's the game I think it is....it was a fun experience that I never got deeply into because of the restrictive turn limits to victory in each scenario.  There were 3 levels of victory, each with a progressively more limited number of turns.  I found even the easy victory (was it called bronze?) was frustratingly restrictive so I gave up on it.  Other than that, it was well done...wasn't this the game engine they used for Warlock: Master of the Arcane (an outstanding game by the way)?

JasonPratt

Yes, same game engine (sort of) as Warlock.

Being a fan of Panzer General and of fantasy strategy game, and thus also a fan of Fantasy General, I was hugely pleased with the "Fantasy Wars" predecessor to this game. (Originally the design team expected to outright remake "Fantasy General", but the deal for the intellectual property fell through after development had started, so they just created their own Warhammerish storyline.) I picked up the full Elven Legacy collection stupidly cheap from NWS last year (I think), including all three subsequent expansion packs.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Zulu1966

Its a good game. turn limits can be a little frustrating. Personally I had great fun with the  editor. you can create some truly huge battles relatively quickly. I liked the graphics.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Tuna

I agree with Rafer.. It's kind of like a Fantasy Panzer General.. But the amount of turns for a win is way too low. .Hey maybe I suck, but they should have a level that makes it enjoyable at my level of suckiness  :o.. The more people that can enjoy your game, the better!.. I wonder if it has the same cheat code as Panzer Corp where you can change the amount of turns, but would be better if they just had skill levels with more turns by default.

I have the same problem with  Panzer Corps