Dominions 3 45% off

Started by donkey_roxor, November 06, 2012, 12:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey_roxor

According to the email I got from Shrapnel. Apparently saves $25 off ~$55, final price of just below $30.

Also, coupon code NOVFIFTY provides 10% off any purchase. Maybe this also works with the Dom3 discount?

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Illwinter/DOM3/DOM3_page.html

LongBlade

Not the best graphics in the world but at that price if you're into turn-based fantasy strategy games, Dominions 3 gets very high marks.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

Holy crap!  Broke as I am, even I want to purchase the game now.  Knowing Shrapnel's prices, it will almost certainly never be cheaper than it is right now. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Sh**.... The price was the only excuse not to get this! Its not necessarily the graphics but the 1000s of different ways of playing the game....

Dear santa....

Silent Disapproval Robot

Shrapnel Games.  What a farce.  All American: 82nd Airborne in Normandy has been "in development" for 13 years.  13 years!  They took pre-order money from people back in 2006 and the game is still listed on Shrapnel's main webpage as "in development".  The last game info update was in 2008 but they still accept pre-orders and regularly update the price ( now $54.95)

Look at the mind numbing system requirements.

Operating systems:
♦  Windows

General minimum requirements:
♦  Pentium II 300 MHz
♦  32 MB RAM
♦  Minimum 250 MB hard drive space required
♦  6X CDROM
♦  Windows 95 or better
♦  Windows compatible sound card

RPS declared in dead. 
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02/17/the-flare-path-vapour-and-vapidity/#more-94895 

donkey_roxor

^Sorry you feel that way SDR. Any thoughts about Dominions 3, though?

Also, more like Vocal Disapproval Robot, right?

Rayfer

Quote from: donkey_roxor on November 06, 2012, 12:44:19 PM
According to the email I got from Shrapnel. Apparently saves $25 off ~$55, final price of just below $30.

Also, coupon code NOVFIFTY provides 10% off any purchase. Maybe this also works with the Dom3 discount?

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Illwinter/DOM3/DOM3_page.html

Not positive but I think the coupon is only good on orders of $50.00 or more. 

donkey_roxor

Quote from: Rayfer on November 06, 2012, 01:56:37 PM
Not positive but I think the coupon is only good on orders of $50.00 or more.

You're right - it even says that in the email. Sorry.

Sparhawk

Shrapnel has had Dominions 3 on sale for a number of days now, I bought it for what I consider a hefty $29 after participating in discussions over COE 3 maybe a week ago. The price point is rather high for such an old game but the depth is expansive and graphics are not a high point. COE 3 looks like a graphic marvel in comparison. One concern I have and after puchasing the game still feel reservations over is the fact that Gamers Front will only allow a 10 day window to download the game after purchase then you are out of luck if you need to download again. That will probably factor into future buying choices. Especially after the wonderful experience Plimus Services provided recently when I required a new download of Distant Worlds.

Sparhawk

Zulu1966

Jeez- a 300 page manual. Been waiting for it to fall from that ridiculous price for ages so thanks for the heads up. Heard great things about this game. Although I will likely never find time to play it I bought  it.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: donkey_roxor on November 06, 2012, 01:40:41 PM
^Sorry you feel that way SDR. Any thoughts about Dominions 3, though?

Also, more like Vocal Disapproval Robot, right?
My thoughts are:

Shrapnel games treats their customers poorly and therefore will not get any business from me.

ArizonaTank

I generally like the game.  But IMHO FE supersedes it. 

I think turn based multi-player with Dominions 3 still is a good ticket however. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.