Started by MetalDog, November 09, 2012, 06:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 09, 2012, 01:47:52 PM
...thanks to a recent birthday....

Happy recent birthday, Huw.

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 09, 2012, 04:03:29 PM
....I may return to the Kohan series.

Now there's a thought. I may play a little Kohan, too. Otherwise I will probably just play a bit of WoW, Civ5, XCOM, and Warlock: Master of the Arcane.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

MetalDog

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 09, 2012, 07:46:34 AM
Crusader Kings 2 - Youtube (still learning)

I'd be glad to meet you online and help answer any questions that I am able to.  I use Steam and my handle there is stophro.  Tomorrow morning would be a great time for me.  You can PM me to synchronize time.

Happy recent birthday, Huw!  I'd be glad to extend the same CKII offer to you as well when you get back.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

steve58

I think I'll check out the WWI Breakthrough demo and also Solar War.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

mikeck

Wel, I finally to into X3 Albion prelude after about four tries. Having a blast setting up my illegal space weed smuggling operations.

Will also dig into Scourge of War: chancellorsville. Good AI, courier system and huge maps...yummy
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

LongBlade

I'm going to do some painting and then see if I can get some preview code installed for a couple of games that I have in the works.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

gocrows

In no particular order...

Fields of Glory MP
Panzer General MP
Shogun 2
Still learnig Armada 2026
Ditto with CK2

Huw the Poo

Thank you for the birthday wishes (and advice) everyone. :)

Last night I was too tired to play CK2.  I've had a look this morning, however; as with all Paradox games, I spent an hour without even unpausing the game, looking over the massive array of screens and options!  We're going away now but we'll be back tonight, so I shall settle down with a few glasses of wine and have a good old bash at it.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 10, 2012, 04:00:18 AM
Thank you for the birthday wishes (and advice) everyone. :)

Last night I was too tired to play CK2.  I've had a look this morning, however; as with all Paradox games, I spent an hour without even unpausing the game, looking over the massive array of screens and options!  We're going away now but we'll be back tonight, so I shall settle down with a few glasses of wine and have a good old bash at it.

And so it begins

Bill Runacre

Quote from: Greybriar on November 09, 2012, 07:25:40 PM
Now there's a thought. I may play a little Kohan, too.

Now that is a great game, about the only real time strategy game that I've ever become addicted to.

Have there been any releases in this series since Kohan II?
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Kushan

Quote from: Bill101 on November 10, 2012, 07:06:09 AM
Have there been any releases in this series since Kohan II?

No, I believe Kohan II is the last in the series.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Toonces

Huw,
CK2 isn't that bad.  It seems overwhelming, but if you spend about an hour watching those tutorial videos, you'll find the game isn't all that hard.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

Heh, I didn't mean to sound negative.  I like that I didn't even get as far as unpausing the game!

Thankfully I've played Sengoku which gives me a bit of a headstart.  I couldn't really get involved with the characters in Sengoku though, perhaps because of the era and location.  But playing (or at least starting a game) as a Welsh duke I'm finding it a lot easier to sort through the characters and remember who they are.

Tuna

Played a lot of Xcom Friday.. Including on my lunch break (since I worked from home)..

Yesterday... lot's of time was put into CIV IV and Napoleon Total War also tried the demo for Barbarossa.

What to play today?!

TheCommandTent

Playing some CKII last night reminded me why I enjoy it so much.  My ruler gets married to this girl who really helps out in the stewardship department the only problem is nobody actually saw her before the wedding and she turns out to have the dwarf trait.  Apparently my vassals aren't really down with this.  Before I can decide what to do about this she starts having kids.  One boy and one girl, both who have the dwarf trait.  Well this is not going to go well.  How am I suppose to become a great dynasty when all my heir needs step stools to see anything.  So I decide its time to go shopping for a new wife.  The only problem is my current wife.  She was easier to take care of then I thought, apparently most of my court aren't fond of her dwarfism and were eager to join my plot to "retire" her.  My, get this, court chaplain even arranged for her carriage to be attacked by "highway men" and things just so happened to get out of hand and my poor wife got an arrow in the back.  So now I find another wife and we have two sons back to back, unfortunately the son from my earlier marriage is still my heir.  So needless to say I am not plotting his untimely death...  ;D

Did I mention that while all this was happening the world around my duchy, which is part of the Byzantine Empire, was going to crap.  Apparently a number of the Dukes and Counts got together and rebelled against my liege and it fractured the lands around me into a number of independent realms.  As I was busy offing my dwarf wife I never got in on this faction's plot.  So naturally I did my duty for my liege and took a couple of counties that just so happen to aid me in creating the Kingdom of Bulgaria.  Now I'll just have to figure out how to do that without incurring the wrath of the huge stacks of Byzantine armies.

This game is just awesome!
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."