Main Menu

CK II-The Republic

Started by tgb, January 14, 2013, 06:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

So this new DLC that focuses on the Hanseatic League is out today.  Impressions?

undercovergeek

tgb

Gamersgate claims to have it, but it hasn't shown up on Steam as yet.

Gusington

I thought The Republic featured Venice...it features The Hanse too?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

tgb

Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2013, 08:47:13 AM

I assumed so from the description Paradox released.  Wait.................

Yes, this video definitely mentions The Hanse:  http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2013, 09:05:35 AM
Even more gooder then.

hey you should write stuff for a living, or a hobby

Martok

I got the GG email announcing the new DLC as well.  Think I'm going to pick it up this weekend. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2013, 08:47:13 AM

Most Merchant Republics are playable.  So yeah. 

I had pushed for them making Novgorod a playable long ago but since it's ruler was an elected position, they had classified it as a republic for a long time.  Then, in some update, they evidentally changed it to a more traditional Russian system since the leader generally ruled for life (or some such).  So I guess it's not a Republic anymore.. unless they changed it back in this update, again.  I've not checked lately, to see where that one sits.  :-[

Bison

Steams seems slightly delayed in releasing this one.  :(

tgb

You can get it right now at Greemangaming, and save $2 if you use the code on their home page.  The Steam key works immediately.  My only problem is I can't find a manual or a readme.txt, since the merchant houses play so differently from kingdoms, duchies, and counties.

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

tgb

Quote from: Greybriar on January 14, 2013, 05:01:02 PM
GamersGate link for all things Crusader Kings.

The problem is that those won't work with the Steam version.

Bison

Well it's ok.  It'll be on there soon enough. 

TheCommandTent

Great, another expansion I will buy and then not get around to playing for a couple months.   ;D  Its all good though.  The game is so much fun it is worth every penny I've spent so far.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."