A Free Copy Of EU III Chronicles For You

Started by tgb, January 21, 2013, 09:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

Check your inboxes for the Paradox Interactive Newsletter. In celebration of 500,000 forum subscribers, the company is providing a code for a free copy of Europa Universalis III Chronicles on Steam.

Shelldrake

Just saw this in my inbox. Very nice! Currently a $30 value on Steam.  8)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

donkey_roxor

Tuna

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

steve58

A very cool deal from Paradox.  Thanks for the heads up.

Quote from: donkey_roxor on January 21, 2013, 10:19:45 AM
Also, apparently 55% off all games on their online store:

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/shop

If anyone is thinking of taking advantage of the 55% off deal for Warlock, just a heads up that Gamersgate has it cheaper right now...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

...oddly enough Europa Universalis III Chronicles doesn't show up on Steam?

OK, nevermind.  It doesn't show up if you search for it, but it does show up under Europa Universalis III Complete..go figure.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Barthheart

Quote from: steve58 on January 21, 2013, 11:07:26 AM
...oddly enough Europa Universalis III Chronicles doesn't show up on Steam?

Yeah, it's there but you have to go the EU III complete then scroll down to see that it's included in the Europa Universalis III Chronicles bundle.

Huw the Poo

Hmmm.  My code didn't get me Chronicles, it just got me Complete.  I hate to sound ungrateful but...

CptHowdy

huw got me wondering so I checked the keys i received and i have keys for eu 3, heir to the throne and divine wind so it looks like everything is in order on my end.

Huw the Poo

Oh yeah, I seem to have them too even though Chronicles itself is still listed as "available to buy" rather than "already owned".  Weird.  Why not just provide a key for the actual Chronicles title, instead of everything separately?

Still.  Very generous of Paradox!  I think I've acquired more of their games for free than I've paid money for! :D

Arctic Blast

I only had one code that gave my Complete, but if I check the DLC section of Properties I can see Heir to the Throne and Divine Wind in there.

CptHowdy

started the game and the splash screen is showing divine wind so looks good so far. probably fire up the tutorial later this evening.

Toonces

Hey guys,

I have EUIII but not that complete or chronicles version.

If anyone has an EXTRA key, as in you got a key but you don't need it, if you want to give it away I'll take it.

Now, even though I own EUIII I've never actually played it, so I'm not sitting around moping because I don't have the complete version- so you know, I don't like have to have one of these keys!  But, if you have one laying around and you were just going to delete it, think of your old buddy Toonces.... 8)

Aloha, Toonces!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Martok

Well I already own EU3 plus all three expansions, but I'm still annoyed I didn't get an email about this.  (Yes, I'm signed up for the newsletter.  Yes, that one too.) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces