Your Favorite Faction When Playing Crusader Kings II

Started by Gusington, April 18, 2013, 10:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

You might want to do a practice game as Ireland or Scotland first, just to figure out how the game works.  Sort of follow along with what he does in the video. 

Once you understand the mechanics, then try another faction.

I've only played as Scotland and Iceland.  Iceland was really hard.  Scotland was hard, too, but only because I'm a total scrub at the game.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

How was Iceland really hard? Wouldn't it be similar to Ireland? Just with a 'c' instead of 'r'? :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I wasn't very experienced with the game, first of all.

What I think made it hard is that you basically start with just the two provinces in Iceland, so you're a count or a count, and I think Iceland is a vassal to Norway when you start.  Basically it's hard to get anything really started.  You're geographically isolated so you have to boat anywhere you want to go, and you're never going to be powerful enough to go to war with Norway. 

It's just a very hard starting position to actually get to "playing". 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Pretty incredible that Iceland is even a choice.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd