More DLC for Graviteam Tactics...

Started by Jarhead0331, April 25, 2013, 12:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Wallysworld was nice enough to post a link to this in the sales thread.  Looks like Graviteam is releasing some more late 1970s, early 1980s DLC for their popular Tactics series...Its called "Shield of the Prophet," and it is based upon a fictional confrontation between Iran and the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.  I suppose they are using this fictional twist so that they can model larger, more conventional combat between similarly equipped mechanized/armored belligerents.

Anyway, as usual, looks great...its set for a May 8th release.  Pre-order and get a nice discount.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-APOSGTSP/graviteam-tactics-shield-of-the-prophet

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nice.  Pre-ordered.

Now I have to go and watch 9th Company and The Beast to get in the mood.

WallysWorld

Yep. I'm pretty sure I'll be pre-ordering it as well. I love the concept and the implementation of the game.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Grim.Reaper

geesh, you guys are killing me with all this new good stuff...be pre-ordering myself:)

Tuna

panzerde

Pre-ordered here, too.  I still have lots of Operation Hooper to play yet!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

jomni

So I need Achtung Panzer right?   Time to get in the bandwagon.

panzerde

Quote from: jomni on April 25, 2013, 08:06:26 PM

Yep, you'll need APOS.  Fair warning, patching the game is an...adventure.  Documentation is pretty sparse and not particularly well translated.  Despite that, APOS is probably the best battalion/brigade tactical engine around right now.  Definitely worth taking the time to figure out.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Toonces

Man that does look nice.

And The Beast was a great movie.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jomni

Quote from: panzerde on April 25, 2013, 08:09:28 PM
Quote from: jomni on April 25, 2013, 08:06:26 PM

Yep, you'll need APOS.  Fair warning, patching the game is an...adventure.  Documentation is pretty sparse and not particularly well translated.  Despite that, APOS is probably the best battalion/brigade tactical engine around right now.  Definitely worth taking the time to figure out.

Where's the best place to buy apos  and get the patch?

Toonces

I got APOS at Gamersgate for, I think it was $7 or so.  Very reasonably priced.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jomni

And the patch comes from GG or developers site.  Sorry but I'm not familiar with the game.

Silent Disapproval Robot

There's a link to the patch at Gamersgate.

Warning to AMD video card users, the latest drivers (13.4) cause a big drop in performance.  Stick with the 13.1 drivers.

Tinkershuffle

GG had some problems with the latest patch so I suggest to grab it directly from the Graviteam's website.

jomni

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on April 26, 2013, 01:04:48 PM
GG had some problems with the latest patch so I suggest to grab it directly from the Graviteam's website.

Yeah that's what I was fearing.  Same thing with Steel Armor.  The distributors just don't get the latest.