More DLC for Graviteam Tactics...

Started by Jarhead0331, April 25, 2013, 12:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

Downloaded the DLC and fired up the campaign. I'm getting the following error for every battle that I try to play for the campaign:

Critical error
011: Unable to find the unit description

[ i_techn:techn_0b002621 ]

I've posted this on the Graviteam forum.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

WallysWorld

That error was quickly solved when I moved the new DLC up in the list in the Game Updater. Just in case anyone else runs into this issue, here's my list:

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Silent Disapproval Robot

I get a similar error whenever a Soviet unit fires a tripod mounted ATGM.  I'll try bumping up the list when I get home from work.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I keep getting this error message.

QuoteCritical error
001: An error has occurred while initializing the program

I've tried re-ordering the updates, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

I notice that my DLC doesn't actually appear on my list.  It's just a blank entry.  I wonder if it's related to the G2extension file I downloaded from Gamersgate.  Mine's listed as pre-final.  Did I somehow get a beta version?

Grim.Reaper

Mine had the same file name as you when I downloaded last night and I just checked it is still the same final today on Gamersgate.  I thought the name was odd at first as well.  When I bring up my updates, mine shows the DLC as blank as well but so far no errors for me, although I have not played a ton yet.

Grim.Reaper

I posted the question about the missing DLC name over at the official forums and got a response.  It appears that Gamersgate does not currently have the latest patches available for download and they are currently only available at the game's web site.  Once I downloaded and installed these new versions, my dlc name showed up as it should.  Sounds like they will be updating the gamersgate download in the next few days.

*Note*  For some reason the patch file I downloaded did not have the correct file extension so I had to rename the file from gtos_patch_march13c1_eng to gtos_patch_march13c1_eng.gt2extension .  Once I did that I was able to install from the updater

It is unbelievable how the entire patching and communication process for this game series is so difficult, where they could have made it so much easier:(

Here is link to the latest patches both in torrent and normal download.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=11099.0

jomni

Sheesh. Looks like a nightmare getting this patched up. And to think Gamersgate is their official distributor.

Jarhead0331

It took me almost two days just to download the damn thing.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

sandman2575

It's hard to know how much of these problems are GG's fault and how much are Graviteam's, but I strongly suspect it's the latter.  There's clearly a language barrier (the devs are Ukrainian) that makes communicating information about how to do things an uphill battle.  But beyond that is Graviteam's openly contemptuous attitude toward customer support.  Complaints about the difficulty of patching usually meet with an "It's not hard, why can't you just figure it out?" response.   

jomni

Quote from: sandman2575 on May 09, 2013, 07:54:54 AM
It's hard to know how much of these problems are GG's fault and how much are Graviteam's, but I strongly suspect it's the latter.  There's clearly a language barrier (the devs are Ukrainian) that makes communicating information about how to do things an uphill battle.  But beyond that is Graviteam's openly contemptuous attitude toward customer support.  Complaints about the difficulty of patching usually meet with an "It's not hard, why can't you just figure it out?" response.

I think it's not hard but it's not convenient either.  Definitely not at par with other games.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Once you learn their patching system, it's fairly straightforward.  A Graviteam guy PMed me and said that there was a delay getting the latest updates to GG but they'll have them on their site as of May 11th.

Tuna

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 09, 2013, 07:49:30 AM
It took me almost two days just to download the damn thing.

Haven't been able to download, tried the last two days both Firefox and Chrome, keep getting Fatal Network Error.. gonna try Android next..

WallysWorld

FYI that there are two new patches out: http://mods.tanksim.org.ru/tmp/gtos_patch_march13b4_eng/

After installing both patches, you should have version 2170 in the game's main menu screen and the Game Update version should be 4.04 in the Game Updater list.

-budd-

Another one already, what size is this one? 485 again. Last time I had to rerun the core and the patch for the build number to change. Is this another one you should make a new profile for?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.