Endless Space? Nope, it's Endless Legend!

Started by Martok, August 22, 2013, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Were you're able to understand a word that came out of that guys mouth on the YouTube video?I have no idea what this game is about...couldn't understand a damn thing. I get the accent but it's like he's happed up on 10 monster energy drinks or something
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

tgb

Quote from: mikeck on April 24, 2014, 04:53:15 PM
When you're able to understand a word that came out of that guys mouth on the YouTube video?I have no idea what this games about a couldn't understand a damn thing. I get the accent but it's like he's happed up on 10 monster energy drinks or something

I had a hard time with that, too, but I thought it was me.

steve58

Nope, me as well.  I ended up turning down the sound and just watched the video...really liked what saw and am very tempted.

One thing I don't like about EL early access is the "founders" pack including DLC for other games?.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

I'm really intrigued by it so far. I find the art to be excellent and think the game has a lot of character. The factions are varied and very different, as well.  Thus far, I'm enjoying it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 24, 2014, 08:13:13 PM
I'm really intrigued by it so far. I find the art to be excellent and think the game has a lot of character. The factions are varied and very different, as well.  Thus far, I'm enjoying it.

So is it an AoW3 clone? Basic city building-churn out units-fight or is it more I depth. I couldn't get into fallen enchatress and AoW3 is a bit to shallow for me (in terms of lack of city/empire building)
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

I haven't decided if the plot is stupid or cool. Basically, it takes place in the same universe as Endless Space and another game called Endless Dungeon. A ship filled with criminals was exiled from an Endless Space world. The ship crash lands on Auriga and the survivors are forced to defend themselves inside of the wreck. This action is the subject of endless dungeon. After the remaining survivors manage to break out of the wreck, they spread out on Auriga and settle in different zones. These settlements form the basis for the races in endless legend.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

Well the plot seems pretty stupid, but then again, you know the devs are just trying to tie everything together.  It doesn't really impact gameplay.

I read some of the Steam forums and watched an IGN video and it sort of looks like AOW or Warlock.  I haven't played either so I can't comment on how accurate the comparison is...but that's what the forums are saying. 

I'm more of a combat guy than an empire building guy....what I mean is that when I play Total War, I always set city management to AI control and I just manage recruitment.  City building really holds zero interest to me.  The game looks good for $25, but I don't have a frame of reference to compare it to.  I'm kinda looking to see if how much city building and/or resource gathering it is focused on.  That would be the deciding factor for me.

It certainly looks pretty enough.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bbmike

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 24, 2014, 10:15:44 PM
I haven't decided if the plot is stupid or cool. Basically, it takes place in the same universe as Endless Space and another game called Endless Dungeon. A ship filled with criminals was exiled from an Endless Space world. The ship crash lands on Auriga and the survivors are forced to defend themselves inside of the wreck. This action is the subject of endless dungeon. After the remaining survivors manage to break out of the wreck, they spread out on Auriga and settle in different zones. These settlements form the basis for the races in endless legend.

So the story is just like Alpha Centauri only with criminals as the faction leaders?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bbmike on April 25, 2014, 05:21:39 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 24, 2014, 10:15:44 PM

So the story is just like Alpha Centauri only with criminals as the faction leaders?

No. I haven't seen any references to the criminal aspect in the plot of endless dungeon in endless legend.

I'm not really grasping any tremendous similarities with warlock and AoW.  This game has similar themes, but it has a very different mechanic and very different feel. So far, legends has grabbed me tighter than either warlock or AoW has.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bbmike

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 25, 2014, 05:58:10 AM
No. I haven't seen any references to the criminal aspect in the plot of endless dungeon in endless legend.

I'm not really grasping any tremendous similarities with warlock and AoW.  This game has similar themes, but it has a very different mechanic and very different feel. So far, legends has grabbed me tighter than either warlock or AoW has.

Aww, crap, now you're starting to make me want to spend money on this!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

.... So far, legends has grabbed me tighter than either warlock or AoW has.

Where.... err... umm... what has grabbed you tighter? City development? Diplomacy? Combat? Little of everything?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Barthheart on April 25, 2014, 06:59:07 AM

Where.... err... umm... what has grabbed you tighter? City development? Diplomacy? Combat? Little of everything?

Style, aesthetic, races, etc. I haven't really explored enough to comment on the finer details.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Barthheart

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 25, 2014, 07:27:21 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 25, 2014, 06:59:07 AM

Style, aesthetic, races, etc. I haven't really explored enough to comment on the finer details.

Yeah from the vids I really like the visual style.

tgb

Am I missing something or is there really no magic or spell-casting system? That's a pretty significant omission for a fantasy-based 4X, and while the game may very well make up for it in other ways (I just took a quick peek for about 5 minutes and read the Alpha manual so far, so I can't really tell yet), I expect it's going to get a drubbing for that reason.