Smugglers V

Started by PanzersEast, October 04, 2013, 06:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Noticed it is now on GOG for $9.99

PE

Wolfe1759

Just bought it myself http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=7827.45

Nice light space version of Pirates! worth the GOG price and apparently with a new expansion (playable alien race) being released next week.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on October 04, 2013, 06:45:38 PM
Noticed it is now on GOG for $9.99

PE

I'll probably pick it up sometime, now that the pricetag isn't the thirty or forty bucks it used to be.   I held off before just because the combat mini-game wasn't all that great but at this price it's no biggie.

Steelgrave

Just picked it up. I never played any of the smuggler games back in the day, but it looks like a worthy addition to....well, to my list of games I own but have never played. But hey, you never know!

Huw the Poo

Wow, I can't believe this series actually has some fans here.  I bought Smugglers 3 back in the day and thought it was thoroughly mediocre.  Full of flaws, very light on actual gameplay...just an empty experience really.  Apparently 4 (which I obviously didn't buy) didn't do much to improve on it.  So has 5 been vastly improved or something?

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 05, 2013, 01:50:29 AM
Wow, I can't believe this series actually has some fans here.  I bought Smugglers 3 back in the day and thought it was thoroughly mediocre.  Full of flaws, very light on actual gameplay...just an empty experience really.  Apparently 4 (which I obviously didn't buy) didn't do much to improve on it.  So has 5 been vastly improved or something?

Dunno but version 5 looks almost exactly like v4.  ???  You can see that from the screenshots.