You've lost that FRIDAY feeling...ooooh that FRIDAY feeling...

Started by JudgeDredd, November 08, 2013, 05:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Skyrim - Restarted my ranger earlier in the week after I was getting Thallmor attacks on me every 5 minutes. A little understandable, I did ambush one of their prisoner patrols when I was around level 3-4. Ran into a squad of them last night in my current game and they turned and attacked me, not really sure why. Guess I'm just going to have to deal with them. Playing with the Realistic Needs and Disease's and Frostfall mods. I turned the Frostfall exposure rate percentage up to 1.5x normal (normal 1.0x). Combined with not spending much time in towns, its turned Skyrim into a good survival game. If I can find the time, I need to do a little work on my Skyrim mod as well.

FC:RS - After numerous restarts, I finished my first full scenario last night. Was some of the most fun I've had with a strategy game in a long time. Going to make another attempt at both Test of Wills and Time to Dance scenarios. Thank you goes to Longblade for helping answer a few questions I had about game mechanics. And yes Longblade, I'm going to rtfm this weekend.  ::)

Command - Lots of modding to do. Finish up my RSR Keflavik Raid. Was starting to doubt whether to release it or not. After play testing myself I didn't think it was all that much fun. Had someone test it last night who said they thought it was fine. Going to update it for the current DB's and write the briefing and it should be good to go. Also going to finish forming the last four current carrier strike groups that I've been building as a modder's resource. After that I will start work on year/deployment specific versions of the CVSG's. Once I release my RSR Keflavik scenario I need to start work on my second one. I'm thinking the next one will involves a lot of backfires, missiles, and maybe a US CV or two....

I would like to start the ArmA 3 campaign, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to run out of time

Quote from: Gusington on November 08, 2013, 09:20:27 AM
Probably putter around a bit more in Skyrim but my eye is wandering.

Don't let your eye wander, just let Skyrim draw you in.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Gusington

I can't help it...there's so much tasty historical gaming to be savored.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I've been playing Paths to Exile this morning.  What an outstandingly fun action RPG.

mikeck

Quote from: Bison on November 08, 2013, 08:59:52 AM
I expect to be working and day dreaming about being some place else.

Where are you now? maybe we can switch
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

sandman2575

Quote from: mikeck on November 08, 2013, 11:27:51 AM

lol -- i see what you did there --

By the way, thanks Judge Dredd -- now I can't get "You've Lost that Loving Feeling" out of my head...

Lately I've been playing ARMA II for some reason, and will probably continue this weekend.  Good stuff, and doesn't feel outdated at all with with ARMA III out there --

smittyohio

Combat Mission Beyond Overlord ... loving this game again.  When the series first came out, I didn't really give them the attention they deserved, so I'm diving in learning how to properly play the game.   Before that I'd just either get lucky and win, or get my troops massacred.   Now I'm giving them a chance to win AND live.   ;-)

Not going to be able to play the other 2 old ones without the latest paid patch because of some graphical problems due to my ATI card.   At some point i'll cave and buy all 3 patches, since I'll have to get off XP at some point.

Wolfe1759

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion with the 1.80 patch and the new Stellar Phenomenon DLC possibly some more Smugglers V as that has just had a patch as well and / or Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes and possibly some Civ V if I can track down the mods Gusington mentioned.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

JudgeDredd

Quote from: smittyohio on November 08, 2013, 12:19:50 PM
Combat Mission Beyond Overlord ... loving this game again.  When the series first came out, I didn't really give them the attention they deserved, so I'm diving in learning how to properly play the game.   Before that I'd just either get lucky and win, or get my troops massacred.   Now I'm giving them a chance to win AND live.   ;-)

Not going to be able to play the other 2 old ones without the latest paid patch because of some graphical problems due to my ATI card.   At some point i'll cave and buy all 3 patches, since I'll have to get off XP at some point.
How are you "diving in learning"? I get the "diving in" bit...but what are you using to learn? Manuals? Videos? AARs?
Alba gu' brath

MengJiao

Quote from: sandman2575 on November 08, 2013, 12:11:38 PM
Quote from: mikeck on November 08, 2013, 11:27:51 AM

lol -- i see what you did there --

By the way, thanks Judge Dredd -- now I can't get "You've Lost that Loving Feeling" out of my head...

Lately I've been playing ARMA II for some reason, and will probably continue this weekend.  Good stuff, and doesn't feel outdated at all with with ARMA III out there --

It's so true.  ARMAII is a fantastic game.  Really not outdated in any way.  I had some trouble sticking to ARMAIII, but I finally found a part of Altis that seems enough like an ARMAII landscape.  PLUS there's starting to be enough variety in ARMAIII -- but I was very tempted to go back to ARMAII until this latest flurry of stuff arrrived in the game.

Martok

Wow, there are games out there other than Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes??  Who knew?  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jarhead0331

I soooo wish we were talking about next Friday...X-Rebirth biatches!!!!!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Wolfe both the Franco Prussian War mod and the Thirty Years War mod for Civ V are on Steamworks.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 08, 2013, 03:42:38 PM

Yep! Bought a new video card for this one!

Is there an ARMA3 campaign yet?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

smittyohio

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 08, 2013, 02:23:06 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on November 08, 2013, 12:19:50 PM

How are you "diving in learning"? I get the "diving in" bit...but what are you using to learn? Manuals? Videos? AARs?

Forum posts, tutorials, AArs, and the strategy guide that was available for CMBB. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mikeck on November 08, 2013, 04:29:23 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 08, 2013, 03:42:38 PM

Yep! Bought a new video card for this one!

Is there an ARMA3 campaign yet?

Yes...Part one of three has been released and it is pretty damn good.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18