Wings Over Flanders Fields (WOFF) (Dec 2013)

Started by steve58, November 28, 2013, 02:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatter

I was hoping they would have totally divorced CFS3. Using that old engine held OFF back and it will ultimately hobble WOFF. On the other hand, nobody else is attempting to create an immersive single player campaign. I guess they got me on that one. Hopefully they can create an immersive flight experience like Rise of Flight despite that ancient engine. In addition, I always felt that OFF was a patchwork game, always felt more like a gloried mod than a game onto itself. Hopefully it is feel more like a stand-alone product.

Gusington

I agree with Swatter...OFF never grabbed me the way I wanted it to. I wonder what the price will be for WOFF...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: steve58 on December 01, 2013, 08:23:02 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on November 28, 2013, 07:28:17 PM
Are the planes easier to fly than in Rise of Flight?

@ Staggerwing -- I think so yes, at least in the original OFF and HITR.

I'm a casual flight-sim gamer, not hardcore, and I found OFF to be much easier to get into and enjoy than ROF.

steve58

I think its also more flexible in configuring how you play (easy --> hard core).  Here is the configuration setup screen from OFF (the original, didn't have HITR loaded.  I think there were some changes in the config screen with HITR, but this will give you an idea what can be changed)

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

smittyohio

Quote from: steve58 on December 01, 2013, 08:21:59 PM
...and the new website is up:  http://www.overflandersfields.com/index.html

*sigh* looks like my old Intel Core2Quad 9450 2.66GHz/nvidia GTS 450 w/1GB vRAM may not be up to running it  :(

Wow..the recommended specs for this are freakin high, even though it's based on an ancient game engine.

sandman2575

Give them credit, though, for posting specs that probably really reflect what it takes to run the game well.  All too often, 'recommended' specs seem more designed not to scare off customers with mid or low range rigs than provide an actual estimate of the hardware needed.  Or they're too vague to be meaningful -- "DirectX 10 compatible graphics card" and the like...

Nefaro

Quote from: smittyohio on December 02, 2013, 11:29:32 AM
Quote from: steve58 on December 01, 2013, 08:21:59 PM
...and the new website is up:  http://www.overflandersfields.com/index.html

*sigh* looks like my old Intel Core2Quad 9450 2.66GHz/nvidia GTS 450 w/1GB vRAM may not be up to running it  :(

Wow..the recommended specs for this are freakin high, even though it's based on an ancient game engine.

The screenshots look fairly good.  Not to ROF standards, but doable.  The aircraft textures are so-so but I think the big problem is the detail of the models themselves.  I'm sure that's limited by the ancient engine they're using.  :-[  They must've shoehorned some extra gfx magic into this version though because the ground and clouds looks good from on high.  I definitely want to check it this much-touted campaign system, if they're not gonna go all Matrix on us.  :P

steve58

Sounds like they were hoping for a release this weekend.  Looks like WOFF will be out sometime this week...

Sorry Guys we were hoping for WOFF release this weekend, but now its looking like early next week - rest assured we are doing all we can.

This part of the project though is out of our hands...

HTH

WM

Due to my system specs, I'll be watching this one from the sideline  :-\
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Toonces

You know, I'm not sure this is a day 1 purchase for me.  It probably is.  But I really haven't worn out my copy of OFF yet, which is a fine game in its own right.

I may just wait a bit and see what the crowd's reaction is first. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Do send in some reports. I never bought OFF.

mikeck

I liked RoF but the campaign was lackluster. I just don't feel like having to hunt down, order and install CFS-3. I will stick with RoF I suppose. Plus I like the flight modeling
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Toonces

You're not the first person to say that.  Honestly I don't understand it.  I see CFS3 in the bargain rack at Target all the time, and it's also available on Amazon.com for a very reasonable price.  I just don't see what's so hard about it.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

That, and its under 10.00 almost everywhere.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 09, 2013, 08:11:08 AM
That, and its under 10.00 almost everywhere.

My copy of CFS3 arrived from Amazon pretty quickly, last week.  It was $5 and shipping was negligible since I ordered it was some other stuff.

I figured that I'd toss it into my cart in order to be prepared.  Not sure if I'll get WOFF on day one - mostly because I've rarely been playing computer games lately.  But that may push me.