Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity

Started by undercovergeek, December 11, 2013, 03:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatter

I like Obsidian a great deal and this game is a definite purchase for me. The only complaint I have with Obsidian games is that they are at times too ambitious and unfocused. I think I judged KOTOR 2 too harshly when it first came out because KOTOR was so brilliant. As time passed though, I really enjoyed KOTOR 2. NWN 2 hit the same chord with me at first, but also grew on me later. Mask of the Betrayer was a very good game too.

Overall, Obsidian has my confidence and I think they have made Baldurs Gate 3. I'm sure it will be good, but lets hope it will be that good.

Tpek

^In terms of story NWN2 was quite better than the first one, which also lacked party mechanics, one of the staple parts of D&D.

Nefaro

Quill18 has a lot of pre-release gameplay posted on YT in the past few days:

Some intro/info vids and a number of gameplay vids.

Huw the Poo

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 25, 2015, 01:44:24 AM
I need this game.

i take it the PC which you need to play it on turned up safe and sound?

Huw the Poo

It arrived at the office at 9 this morning!  Taxi booked, will get it all set up tonight. :)

undercovergeek

youre sending it home in a taxi??

proper love that is

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

And preload is up :)
And for those of us who backed through Kickstarter you can now log in to the main website and get the key for either Steam or GOG.

undercovergeek

June 14 to January 15 buys Elite and is happy

Jan to March finds slo mo mod for Airland Battle, is happy with his 2 games

Late March CMBS, justified by being PBEM Airland Battle and an addition to the 'genre'

Skylines - no excuse

and now this, and Divinity looks at me from the desktop with a 'oh fkng really?' look on its face

Sir Slash

I gave in to pre-order. Because I can't resist a hot babe in heavy armor. Even if she turns out to be just a dike with a pike. :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

^Sounds like that could make a good sig line!

'Dike with a Pike' ROFL.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mikeck

I bask in my nerdiness when I play these types of games ...covered in my own nerd filth
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Sir Slash

I'm usually a tower of strength and resistance to new games but this one's got a +12 catapault aimed at me. Dike with a Pike maybe my new avatar name.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

"Dikes with Pikes Wednesday".

Reason to post 'Battle Ho' pics of lipstick lesbians with polearms?   ???