(OFFICIAL) :: Grogheads Holiday Boxing Tournament :: (Updated 12/25)

Started by PanzersEast, December 20, 2013, 12:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

^It'll be 1-1 tomorrow, the Undertaker will be buried! ;)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

CptHowdy

nice first fight. find it hard to believe that both fighters had 100% accuracy with punches though  :o

Mad Russian

Yeah, that's something that Boom Boom should keep in mind. I don't miss.

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

PanzersEast

Quote from: CptHowdy on December 20, 2013, 09:00:41 PM
nice first fight. find it hard to believe that both fighters had 100% accuracy with punches though  :o

I thought the same thing, not sure if that is a mis-calculation.

PE

reapagan

A quote from the "Big Russian" Moskelenko as he boarded the plane from Moscow, "I will bring victory for the Rodina"...

Barthheart

Ok that's just cool. Does the game spit out that report or did you have to type it all yerself?

Good fight, even though Big Joe lost.

Thanks for putting this on PE.

8)

PanzersEast

Quote from: Barthheart on December 21, 2013, 07:27:36 AM
Ok that's just cool. Does the game spit out that report or did you have to type it all yerself?

8)

The reports are generated for you in html format which makes it easy to upload.  I thought the fight was a great fight and really the way it turned out surprised me.

PE

PanzersEast

Tournament has been updated... Losers bracket round 1 will be updated tonight.  The order was randomly generated, however from this point moving forward it will stay as noted.

PE

Grim.Reaper

Yahoo...the Grim Reaper makes it out of the first round, although didn't seem pretty.  Going into the 4th round, looks like I was behind on the scorecard, but the Reaper lands a big uppercut to knockout the opponent...exciting stuff!!  However, based on that effort, I don't expect to make it out of the next round:(

Great stuff PE!

Mad Russian

Quote from: PanzersEast on December 21, 2013, 09:22:13 AM

8)

The reports are generated for you in html format which makes it easy to upload.  I thought the fight was a great fight and really the way it turned out surprised me.

PE

The result surprised me too. I had him from the time we stepped into the ring. I was surprised I was behind on points, so I took care of that.  :o

What is not surprising is that I'm now 2-0. >:(

Good Hunting.

MR

undercovergeek

wooooohooooo - i battered LB - knocked him down 7 times - CMON GENTLEMAN UNDERCOVER

<<cues 'Eye of the Tiger' music>>

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Mad Russian on December 21, 2013, 11:33:11 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on December 21, 2013, 09:22:13 AM

8)

PE

The result surprised me too. I had him from the time we stepped into the ring. I was surprised I was behind on points, so I took care of that.  :o

Good Hunting.

MR

I ended up buying the game and played a few bouts....what I notice is the PBP does not always reflect the current state in the ring.  Seems every hit is exaggerated in the PBP, giving the impression with every hit either boxer could go down...personally I think they need to tone it down a bit since you can't really tell who is winning through the commentary.

Mad Russian

Seems as though the hit % is broken. Every fighter, in every fight, scored 100% of their punches.

Good Hunting.

MR

PanzersEast

Quote from: Mad Russian on December 21, 2013, 11:48:25 AM
Seems as though the hit % is broken. Every fighter, in every fight, scored 100% of their punches.

Good Hunting.

MR

Yea, not quit sure why it is reporting that.... I know that it is inaccurate or something else is going on.

PE

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: PanzersEast on December 21, 2013, 11:50:30 AM
Quote from: Mad Russian on December 21, 2013, 11:48:25 AM

Good Hunting.

MR

Yea, not quit sure why it is reporting that.... I know that it is inaccurate or something else is going on.

PE

It is strange....I just ran a few bouts and my accuracy seems to be correct on the output....maybe some kind of weird combination or setting.....not a huge deal for this tournament.