IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Thanks. I did a search on Amazon a few weeks ago and found that but didn't think it was an Osprey book.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RedArgo

So I see there is a big sale on IL2 and some DLCs until the 24th.

I have the base game and a couple DLCs already and I'm kinda interested in the tanks.  I see under Battle of Kuban, Moscow and Stalingrad DLCs it says "Player Controlled Tanks", do I just need to pick up one of those DLCs or is there something else I need too?

Destraex

Redargo. The " tank crew" module is the one to get for tanks. You get 10 tanks in "tank crew" that are full fidelity and the Prokhorovka map specifically made for tanks. The Prokhorovka map has more ground detail.
I don't think the "tank crew" module is on sale cheap, because it is still in beta. You can only buy "tank crew" directly off the il2 website.
However, I believe their are a couple of tanks (1 on each side, an old pziii and a t34 I think) that come with one of the modules. I am not sure which ones. But they are "precursor" tanks. They were made by the dev team as a kind of free experiment before the "tank crew" module was thought of. They do not have interiors modelled or nice models/graphics etc. I would not be surprised if they are free with any module?? If you have the base game already then you already have them I suspect.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

Holy crap Flying Circus is on sale for ~28.00!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on August 19, 2020, 07:57:58 PM

Buy it!  Bags of fun for that price, plus I think it ships with a couple of campaigns now.

GibbyG

Is this the one to get?  Been wanting to get a WW1 sim but I start comparing them and end up not buying one.

Gusington

I bought Flying Circus, Battle of Moscow and Battle of Kuban. I paused and considered Bodenplatte for a bit but for WWII I am really more of a Eastern Front feller.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: challerain on August 20, 2020, 05:34:54 PM

Is this the one to get?  Been wanting to get a WW1 sim but I start comparing them and end up not buying one.

Well, it depends what you want out of your WW1 sim.  This is the most modern one (and the only one with VR support) and the only one with a live(ish) MP scene.  It's predecessor, Rise of Flight, looks and flies almost identically, has more aircraft and more maps, but most of the MP crowd have moved on to FC1, and it won't see anymore development.  Your other choice (which I don't have) is Wings over Flanders Fields.  This is based of off Combat Flight Simulator 3, so the graphics and flight models are a bit limited, and there is no MP.  However, it does offer SP careers in a world more densely populated with friends, foe and "war-feel" (so I'm told) than the other two.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 01, 2021, 10:36:38 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 01, 2021, 10:33:20 AM
P-40?

Surely

Yep.  P-40E apparently whatever that means.  I have trouble keeping p-40 types and designations straight.  At least every game these days seems to have a healthy "Kittybomber" type.  Wikipedia says:

P-40E, 820 aircraft built. Somewhere along the production line flared "fishtail" exhaust stacks appeared, and an unknown number of late production aircraft had larger vertical stabilizers.[2]
P-40ES, two aircraft modified into two-seat trainer aircraft.
P-40EF, a number of P-40Es and Ks modified by the Soviet Air Force as two seat photo reconnaissance aircraft.[1] The "EF" designation was unofficially given to the aircraft by the Soviets, with the F standing for "Foto", the Russian word for photo.[2]
Hawk 87A-2, export version, the RAF received 1,500 Kittyhawk Mk.IAs under Lend-Lease. These were given the USAAF designation P-40E-1. Some were diverted to other allies.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback