You Know You've Been Gaming Too Long When...

Started by LongBlade, January 08, 2014, 02:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Your stomach rumbles and it sounded like the robots in Sir, You Are Being Hunted.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

....and you can't remember growing a beard......
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Nefaro

MengJiao

Quote from: bob48 on January 08, 2014, 02:16:15 PM
....and you can't remember growing a beard......

I think it is possible to break the wargame barrier.  You're there for days in some basement somewhere and you finally sort of
win WitPAE sort of...and you never want to play Total War Third age or WitpAE again.  In fact you are suddenly interested in some
very old boardgames.

Yes, it happened to me and I lived to tell the tale.  Now I game in a loft and most of the games are in the barn.

Zonso

...you hear two loud popping noises in the background, but carry on diligently in your preparations to pre-empt the Zulus in Civilization. Only a short while later to begin to smell something burning, and frown in confusion as you start for the kitchen. And upon entering you are amazed to find pieces of boiled egg splattered all over the place. And realizing you did not know at all when you had put the eggs on, but still very curious as to how long it took to boil down and explode like that...

Jarhead0331

...you have a beautiful woman dressed in stockings, garter and high heels telling you its time to get busy and you reply, "Baby, not now...I can't be tenderized while fighting a battle."

True story.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Greybriar

The sun is coming up as you leave your game of Civilization to get ready for work...for the third morning in a row!!

I did that once. Was I tired! *sigh*
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Martok

...When you dream about a game you've been playing -- every night for a week straight (or more)... 

Yes, I've really done that.  ??? 

Quote from: Greybriar on January 08, 2014, 04:07:50 PM
The sun is coming up as you leave your game of Civilization to get ready for work...for the third morning in a row!!

Only once?!  Hell, that used to be my MO back in the day.  ::) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Greybriar

Quote from: Martok on January 08, 2014, 04:36:19 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on January 08, 2014, 04:07:50 PM

Only once?!  Hell, that used to be my MO back in the day.  ::)

Missing one night's sleep I did all the time. But I only missed THREE nights' sleep once. If you consistently missed three nights' sleep, my hat's off to you.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bob48

^nah....that's reading for too long sitting on the....throne.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

eyebiter

Atilla60

Quote from: Martok on January 08, 2014, 04:36:19 PM
...When you dream about a game you've been playing -- every night for a week straight (or more)... 

Yes, I've really done that.  ???

Ha! Been there, done that
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

Gusington

...the first thing you do when you move into a new place is set up your gaming space, wherever it may be.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

...don't need the PC on in order to visual your next moves and the A.I.'s responses.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob