CM Red Thunder page is up

Started by undercovergeek, January 30, 2014, 05:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: Skoop on May 06, 2014, 09:42:25 PM
Your right the 85mm version does have 5 guys, now i'm baffled at how easy it was to spot and shoot first every time even at 1000 meters.  I bet the t34s were green which was lead to the lag in spotting.  I'll have to open the campaign with scenario organizer to confirm that.

I usually play as a Russian so I'm usually not sure how the AI Germans manage to get themselves blown up so often, but I've found that some kind of cue-ing about targets can help a lot.  For example, when approaching a ridge line, I usually try to get some infantry (as spotters) up there first and then some HQs to transmit possible targetting information and then drive up a cluster of monster tanks hull down.  By then some artillery is hitting the poor AI and sometimes airstrikes as well.  Only then do I bring up the t34s to do some shooting.  Tanks all by themselves are not very good at moving and spotting before they get targetted and hit (eg, by an AT gun or a sneaky STGIII).

Redwolf

Quote from: Skoop on May 06, 2014, 09:42:25 PM
Your right the 85mm version does have 5 guys, now i'm baffled at how easy it was to spot and shoot first every time even at 1000 meters.  I bet the t34s were green which was lead to the lag in spotting.  I'll have to open the campaign with scenario organizer to confirm that.

You are probably looking at a different issue here.