Star Dynasties (aka Crusader Kings in Space)

Started by steve58, October 16, 2020, 02:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Most of the critiques here confirm everything that had me concerned about this title...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tripoli

Quote from: solops on March 15, 2021, 11:59:46 PM
JH, I am curious about this one and will await your comments before further action. I like Stellar Monarch and this games looks like a slicker version of it with less fleet control.

JH-I'm also interested in your thoughts about this one, when you get a chance to evaluate it.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

^Will try to get some initial impressions posted asap!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

I'm still running through the initial tutorial and so far I see a lot of neat ideas. There seems to be a good amount of depth to the characters and their inter-relationships. I think I can already see what is going to be the problem for this title. While there is a good amount of depth to the characters and the ways in which they interact, that is where the depth in this game comes to a screeching halt. There is really very little else. No colonization. No exploration. No building fleets, or even commanding them. No research apparently and only the most basic of colony management. For example, no improving or expanding, no building structures or defenses, etc, Combat is a very, very simple affair.

I think it is a cool idea and a nice departure from the usual 4x...but honestly, once I get passed a lot of the novelty of the role play experience, I think the game is going to get dull very quickly. Its almost like one aspect of the game was built up well, but the rest of the game is missing.

Still very early in my impressions, so I'll be sure to post if anything changes. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Thanks for your impressions. Keep it coming.  :dreamer:

steve58

OK, this one is out of EA and is released and on sale for $22+.  Also , a demo available again.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1194590/Star_Dynasties/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Anguille

There's a brand new DLC for the game:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1852400/Star_Dynasties_Bloodlines/

The main game is still on my pending list (just played 1-2 hours) but looks interesting.