Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

I'm buying on day 1....but I have to treat this like a "kickstarter" game and have for a year. I don't look at pics, read about it or otherwise get my hopes up. I'm sure it will come out but could be next month to another year. I play the hell out of the other graviteam games so they get my business either way
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Hofstadter

I'll be getting this on day also. I just hope I get finer control over my units
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

jomni

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 14, 2016, 04:07:23 PM
So they have leaked a lot of photos and certainly looks pretty, but have they said anything about advancements in the engine itself?  Will the user interface be improved to make it easier for novices?
I am not expecting any real change in the engine. Just a new campaign.

TacticalWargames

I know there is a new move order mechanic and options one of which I believe  sends out scouts etc etc. Was mentioned awhile ago.

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

sandman2575

Asid, will Mius Front include tanks that use smoke screens?  Looking at the shots of the Panzer (I confess I'm not exactly sure what variant that is -- I don't think the Mk III ever used the 75mm gun, but those are not Mk IV G/H/J as far as I can tell -- Mk IIIMs or something??) with the smoke launchers so noticeable, it raises the question.

Unless I'm completely mis emembering, Op Star doesn't feature tanks popping smoke (as they do in CMx2) - ?

The pix of the Marders are sweet.   O0

Staggerwing

Those are Mk IV's of some kind, not sure which. I'm going to guess it's an F-2 (First to be equipped with the long 75) or a G.

My personal 'cheat code' for quickly telling the difference (besides the guns) at a distance between most MkIIIs and MkIVs is this- 3 return rollers = MkIII and 4 rollers = MkIV, tho there may be an exception or two in the MkIII family.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

Silent Disapproval Robot

They show the fields of view available to the various crew members of tanks and also show the armor vs. penetration values of tank hulls.

Asid

Quote from: jomni on February 14, 2016, 08:12:34 PM
I am not expecting any real change in the engine. Just a new campaign.
It is still a wargame with simulation elements, on the Eastern front in 1943. But the action takes place in the summer on the Mius Front.

Engine changes:
•   There are some changes in the engine architecture, for example:
•   A shorter way to start a "Quick Battle" and auto-battles in the operation phase (this feature was previously only available in SABOW).
•   The interface and advanced physics have been moved to separate dynamic libraries.
•   At this point both the operation editor and mod-utility have been removed as it did not meet expectations.
•   Added the ability to save and run the missions
•   Ability to change the game appearance. Removed lot of game options which that are not required.

That is most of what I know at his point.

Quote from: sandman2575 on February 20, 2016, 10:41:12 AM
Asid, will Mius Front include tanks that use smoke screens?  Looking at the shots of the Panzer (I confess I'm not exactly sure what variant that is -- I don't think the Mk III ever used the 75mm gun, but those are not Mk IV G/H/J as far as I can tell -- Mk IIIMs or something??) with the smoke launchers so noticeable, it raises the question.
In MF, smoke grenade launchers cannot create smoke screens, as their launch ability is very low (about 2- 6 shells), the most that they can do is to hide the tank for a short time. As in GTOS, the tank will fire smoke grenades if under heavy fire.

Quote from: sandman2575 on February 20, 2016, 10:41:12 AM
Unless I'm completely mis emembering, Op Star doesn't feature tanks popping smoke (as they do in CMx2) - ?
Shooting of smoke grenades/shrapnel from dischargers is in GTOS. In fact as far back as when it was called APK43 i.e. from beginning.

I hope this was helpful.

Regards
War in Pieces

Asid

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 20, 2016, 11:50:39 AM
Those are Mk IV's of some kind, not sure which. I'm going to guess it's an F-2 (First to be equipped with the long 75) or a G.

My personal 'cheat code' for quickly telling the difference (besides the guns) at a distance between most MkIIIs and MkIVs is this- 3 return rollers = MkIII and 4 rollers = MkIV, tho there may be an exception or two in the MkIII family.
Sorry. I missed this one. It is a G series

Regards
War in Pieces

sandman2575

Quote from: Asid on February 21, 2016, 08:55:40 AM
Shooting of smoke grenades/shrapnel from dischargers is in GTOS. In fact as far back as when it was called APK43 i.e. from beginning.

I hope this was helpful.

Regards

Jeez, my memory must be going. I don't remember tanks popping smoke in GTOS or APK43...  Granted it's been a while since I played GTOS, but still....    :uglystupid2:

Thanks.

Asid

Panzer MkIV From left to right: G, G early, F2, F

War in Pieces

Asid

Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front Teaser Trailer

Published on 22 Feb 2016

War in Pieces

sandman2575

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY -- WHEN IS MIUS FRONT COMING OUT  ???!?!???!??

Sorry -- got a grip on myself again.  Asid, these updates of yours are like slow torture. It almost feels like Graviteam is just trollling us that this point.

RELEASE THE DAMN GAME!!!!!!

OK, calm again now....