Distant Worlds: Universe annouced!

Started by Lord Zimoa, March 13, 2014, 02:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Sweet! Will those of us the own all of the earlier releases get a price break?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

This isn't gonna be some re-release where patch support is dropped for the previous stuff, is it?  ???

Yskonyn

Exisiting owners get a discount indeed. That has been confirmed by Rutins on the DW forums.

As for patch support, I have no clue.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

I already own all the previous releases, so I'd really only want the new campaign. I wonder if that will be an option... ???
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mikeck

I don't care what it does, like any TW game or crusader king DLC , I will buy it anyway...cause I will convince myself I neeeeeeds it
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Fetrik

Quote from: mikeck on March 14, 2014, 03:20:52 PM
I don't care what it does, like any TW game or crusader king DLC , I will buy it anyway...cause I will convince myself I neeeeeeds it

My precious!

vyshka

So being released on Steam. $59.99, $49.99 pre-order. $10 off for each prior installment through Matrix. Steam keys provided. Releases May 23rd.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: vyshka on May 15, 2014, 01:19:03 PM
So being released on Steam. $59.99, $49.99 pre-order. $10 off for each prior installment through Matrix. Steam keys provided. Releases May 23rd.

Wooooohooooo!!!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

...so $10 to upgrade during the post-release promotion period if you have the base game and all the addons then. :D  (just noticed the new emoticons).   I'll probably do it for $10...

We will also be offering existing customers a discount based on what parts of the series they own. It's a $10 discount per release, so if you own everything that's been released so far (Distant Worlds + Return of the Shakturi + Legends + Shadows) then during the post-release promotion period, your price to upgrade to Universe would be $9.99 Download or $19.99 Physical ($49.99 or $59.99 - $40 discount for four previous releases). There will be a page on our site where you can get the upgrade discount coupon. This upgrade will be available through our store only, we don't have a way of doing this through Steam. All you will need to get the upgrade coupon is the serial number for each release.

We plan for there to be one more Shadows update, but all future modding/feature/performance improvements will be based on the Universe level.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3610084
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Ian C

For those of you that have the preceding games to this already - what is it like? Is it a must-buy? I've heard a few good things .

Rayfer

Wonder if I can get the $10 upgrade through Matrix and stay outside of Steam?

vyshka

Yes, the only way to do the upgrade is through Matrix, and there is no requirement to grab a steam key.

Anguille

Martok

By the by, a new trailer: 

Quote from: steve58 on May 15, 2014, 01:29:10 PM
...so $10 to upgrade during the post-release promotion period if you have the base game and all the addons then. :D  (just noticed the new emoticons).   I'll probably do it for $10...

We will also be offering existing customers a discount based on what parts of the series they own. It's a $10 discount per release, so if you own everything that's been released so far (Distant Worlds + Return of the Shakturi + Legends + Shadows) then during the post-release promotion period, your price to upgrade to Universe would be $9.99 Download or $19.99 Physical ($49.99 or $59.99 - $40 discount for four previous releases). There will be a page on our site where you can get the upgrade discount coupon. This upgrade will be available through our store only, we don't have a way of doing this through Steam. All you will need to get the upgrade coupon is the serial number for each release.

We plan for there to be one more Shadows update, but all future modding/feature/performance improvements will be based on the Universe level.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3610084
Sweet!!!! 

Quote from: Ian C on May 15, 2014, 01:54:29 PM
For those of you that have the preceding games to this already - what is it like? Is it a must-buy? I've heard a few good things .
It's awesome.  And yes, it's a must-buy.  :)   I'd happily elaborate if my sleeping pills weren't kicking in right now (and I was therefore about 5 seconds away from the Land of Nod)... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces