Distant Worlds: Universe annouced!

Started by Lord Zimoa, March 13, 2014, 02:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Quote from: Darkspire on May 17, 2014, 08:50:42 AM
QuoteSounds a little lack luster to someone like me. Did they even add anything new to show what the modding suite is capable of?

The new theme contains some of the new features.

I do apologize, I am a modder / coder not a sales person, I did say I could help with questions on the new modding capabilities not sell the new features, I did the best I could with the post a few up to explain about things. I would go and have a look at the new Universe page over at Matrix to get a better view of things, that has a full list of features and new content.

Darkspire

Ok, I'll take a look. It's only $11 and probably worth it if only to be able to use some of the mods that will be a available
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Darkspire

QuoteYou don't have to be a sales person to speak freely about a game that you beta tested and have knowledge about. Nobody is asking you to sell the game, we're just looking for information...you know, that is kind of what a forum is for. What's with the attitude?

No attitude, honest  O:-)

I had a bit of an accident on Thursday, in a lot of pain, maybe that is reflecting in my words, sorry for that. I did my best to outline a few of the new things in the large post I made, there are some great new features, I was just trying to get across that I can help with questions on the modding capabilities, I was working with all the new text file sections and general bug bashing, there are a whole slew of new features in the editor for example that I have only scratched the surface of, I am just better at explaining what you can do with it rather than what is in it, sorry bud if I have offended you.

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Darkspire on May 17, 2014, 10:15:01 AM
QuoteYou don't have to be a sales person to speak freely about a game that you beta tested and have knowledge about. Nobody is asking you to sell the game, we're just looking for information...you know, that is kind of what a forum is for. What's with the attitude?

No attitude, honest  O:-)

I had a bit of an accident on Thursday, in a lot of pain, maybe that is reflecting in my words, sorry for that. I did my best to outline a few of the new things in the large post I made, there are some great new features, I was just trying to get across that I can help with questions on the modding capabilities, I was working with all the new text file sections and general bug bashing, there are a whole slew of new features in the editor for example that I have only scratched the surface of, I am just better at explaining what you can do with it rather than what is in it, sorry bud if I have offended you.

Darkspire

No offense. Thought something might be bugging you.

What happened?  Are you ok?

Ummm...need a good lawyer?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Darkspire

I have problems with seeing in light, I bumped into a lamppost, fell, got clipped by a car and then bounced into a metal pillar, upper right chest is a bit banged up, on meds but they are really not covering the pain. I am always having accidents in the brighter months, generally not as bad as this though. I am used to working out in the early mornings, have not been able to obviously, that doesn't help much either. Thanks for the words.

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.

Boggit

Quote from: Darkspire on May 17, 2014, 10:48:40 AM
I have problems with seeing in light, I bumped into a lamppost, fell, got clipped by a car and then bounced into a metal pillar, upper right chest is a bit banged up, on meds but they are really not covering the pain. I am always having accidents in the brighter months, generally not as bad as this though. I am used to working out in the early mornings, have not been able to obviously, that doesn't help much either. Thanks for the words.

Darkspire
I hope you make a speedy recovery. I'm sorry you are in pain. :(
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Quote from: Darkspire on May 17, 2014, 10:48:40 AM

Darkspire

Geez man.  Hope you heal up quickly. 

And try to avoid Human Pinball in the future.  :o

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Hope you feel better soon, Darkspire.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Martok

Sorry to hear about your accident, Darkspire.  I second the well-wishes in your recovery. 

I'm glad we're finally getting the chance to play the Ancient Galaxy campaign ourselves in Universe.  I'd say that's worth $10 (especially along with whatever other improvements get included).  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Ian C

Get well soon Darkspire.

This is out tomorrow. I'm willing to pull the trigger based on the favourable comments I've read and the vids I've seen on Youtube.

Anyone have anything more to add? I'm not looking for faults but comments on how awesome this game is, thanks.

Rayfer

Quote from: Ian C on May 22, 2014, 09:20:12 AM
Get well soon Darkspire.

This is out tomorrow. I'm willing to pull the trigger based on the favourable comments I've read and the vids I've seen on Youtube.

Anyone have anything more to add? I'm not looking for faults but comments on how awesome this game is, thanks.

Well, it's one of the few games that never comes off my hard drive and that I frequently return to to play again and again. Micro-manage to any degree of complexity you want, control everything or nothing or anywhere in between.  My favorite part is the research and fleet management.

tgb

Quote from: Ian C on May 22, 2014, 09:20:12 AM
Get well soon Darkspire.

Steam has the manual up as of today , if you want to check that out.

sandman2575

I was hoping I could avoid blowing yet more cash on games but don't think I'm going to be able to resist... Steam just makes it all so easy.  Haven't played DW in a long time -- in fact never picked up any of the expansions -- so looking forward to diving into the fully matured, tricked-out version of DW over the weekend.

Also, best wishes for your recovery, Darkspire -- that is a nasty turn of events.

Ian C

That's it - I'm revved up for this. Bring on tomorrow.

bobarossa

Just so you know you don't have to buy through steam, here is what Eric says on the DW forum.

"Yes, if you purchase/upgrade through our store we will offer a Steam key as well. We and Elliot earn the most revenue when you purchase directly through us, but we want to make DW available to the larger community and many new players as well, while offering the most flexibility to our existing community. There will be a page on our site to use your Universe serial number to retrieve a Steam key after you purchase Universe.

Regards,

- Erik"
If I buy it will be through the Matrix site.