Don't Call It Alpha Centauri II

Started by tgb, April 12, 2014, 03:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Civ Revolution doesn't even deserve the moniker "Civ Light." It's a bad port to mobile devices. My daughter LOVES Revolution, but as I am beholden to the 'real' version I cannot play Revolution for more than a few minutes. It's like the difference between Harrison Ford and Corky.

Not that there's anything wrong with Corky...it's just night and day between the two.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

The dude from Life Goes On?  ??? Never watched that show.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Me, either. But yes. I thought you were a child of the 80s, Gus.

MetalDog

I'm a diehard Civ fan since the first iteration I played on the PlayStation One.  I own Revolution for my Nintendo DS.  It keeps me from going insane when I can't be in front of the PC to play Civ IV.  That's the best thing I can say about Revolution.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

steve58

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/152226/sid-meier_s-civilization-beyond-earth-trailer-screenshots

Gametrailers has a first look gameplay/interview up. ...and some new screenshots here.

Looking pretty interesting.  Siege worms :o (I think thats what those critters are at about the 6:30 mark).  Coming out in Fall 2014.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

undercovergeek

Thank god for that..... I thought you were going to say it's out.... I have enough sh** to play

TheCommandTent

New video up for the game and a release date, October 24, 2014

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Nefaro

So it looks like Civ 5 IN SPAAAAACE!  But still on a planet.   ???

Will the factions play differently or anything?

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Rayfer

The screenshot with the article looks a lot like Matrix's Pandora. Not saying they play the same, just the look.

steve58

For those inclined to pre-ordering, GreenManGaming has a 25% off pre-order voucher (HEA34T-3L03RY-JLXOOR) for Civilization Beyond Earth.  Knocks the price down to $37.50.

Game releases on 10/24/14 on Steam.

(voucher can also be used on Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor)

tgb

Knowing GMG, it will probably go on sale a few more times before release - perhaps even the week of.  I'll get excited as October comes closer.

steve58

...50 minutes of lead designers Pete Murray and David McDonough playing and talking through civilization creation at the start of the spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri: selecting the sponsors who can fund and define your reason for travelling to the stars, the spaceship you're flying upon, the cargo you can put onboard, and how those choice and more can affect the faction you end up playing as when the game begins proper.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/08/26/civilization-beyond-earth-faction-creation/#more-229053

BanzaiCat

On my must-buy list, but I can wait until the price goes down.