I call that a FRIDAY, the best I ever had!

Started by MetalDog, April 11, 2014, 06:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Well, I did run some F1 2013 - though I didn't do a race - just practice in Catalunya

I also did some ARMA III - but as I mentioned, I'm not great when this game goes squad based. I'm still struggling trying to keep snipers with assault rifles from killing me. I'm on the Ambush mission

I never did get iRacing I went through the process, but bailed before paying. I just couldn't do it knowing how much time it was going to take away from my other gaming...especially F1 2013

The surprise of the weekend for me was retrying X-Rebirth. Not overly successful in my first couple of attempts because for some inexplicable reason the mouse kept going in and out of activation - so I couldn't activate any menus. However, with some tenacity (and a reboot) it eventually worked and I was enjoying the sand box game much more...though I need to get money to buy a cargo ship!

I was really, really wanting to get my Phantom Leader boxed game out - but wasn't "up with the rulz", so I've got the game out and I'm going through the rules and I hope to be playing a campaign on that game this long weekend coming. I've never done a campaign before...not a full one (or perhaps I have one)
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

I don't understand the intense hatred that Assassin's Creed III received. Yes the intro tutorial is long and a bit hand-holdy but it is really well done and better than a lot of movies taking place in the same era. Some gamers have become really spoiled.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Well, you're playing for the wrong side.  Rebel scum!

W8taminute

Gus I'm glad to hear you are digging ACIII.  I'm with you on it in that it didn't receive much love from the community but it really is a great game.  Wait until you get further along in the story.  Prepare to get your world rocked at what you learn story wise.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^I am girding my moist loins. Really looking forward to seeing colonial NYC too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

PanzersEast

Not a lot of gaming this weekend, however I am getting close to the end of my first AOW3 play through.... it definitely gets more interesting in the end.  Merlin has substantial forces and I have started a push into his southern territories.  I am allied with a ruler to the north of me, however he seems to be making no gains at present.  I think after I defeat Merlin I will claim victory.... I am aligned as Good after all.

Started a SoTS II play through on my re-visit series.   So far I have started as The Morrigi Confederation and branching out on a Disc shape map with a total of 6 factions.... so far, so good.

PE

MetalDog

Finished off Boudicca to complete the Conquest VC.  Best I have ever done on Prince.  Yes, the map was Tiny.  Yes, there were only two other opponents.  Neither of those things takes the lustre off.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

TacticalWargames

The series in general seems to get alot of flak..however when I have played it I've aways enjoyed it. The only issue I had was the timed platform parts which I could never do however they became less of an issue as the series went on.

Quote from: Gusington on April 13, 2014, 04:59:38 PM
I don't understand the intense hatred that Assassin's Creed III received. Yes the intro tutorial is long and a bit hand-holdy but it is really well done and better than a lot of movies taking place in the same era. Some gamers have become really spoiled.