Main Menu

$10 off at Matrix

Started by RedArgo, April 18, 2014, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Quote from: RedArgo on April 18, 2014, 08:17:04 AM
There is a $10 off code at Matrix for any game.

I picked up Panzer General: Allied Corp for $5 and added it to my pile of unplayed games.

Me too.  Wanted this for a long time and couldn't pass on the $5 price.
Al

SgtRock

You can use the coupon twice, once at Matrix Games and second at Slitherine! 8)

Toonces

I used the Slitherine coupon to pick up the Brandy Station add-on for my Scourge of War collection, which is now complete.

I could certainly buy something else at Matrixgames but doggone, I just have so many games already that I can't justify buying yet another one.  Heck, SoW collection alone is probably a year's worth of gaming!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

WallysWorld

I bought two Ageod games with the coupons: Espana 1936 and the Parthian Wars expansion.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Arctic Blast

Snagged the Battle Academy Mega Collection and Heroes of Stalingrad.  :)

mirth

Panzer Corps and PC: Afrika Corps. Frakkin discounts.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Shelldrake

Quote from: Shelldrake on April 19, 2014, 03:03:01 PM
Just used the Slitherine code to grab Panzer Corps: Allied Corps for $5 USD. Best easter egg so far! :)

Used my other coupon to pick up Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps - I couldn't resist!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Rayfer

Quote from: Kushan on April 19, 2014, 01:19:29 PM
Looking at getting AGEODs Civil War 2, anyone have any opinions on it?

I've been playing it on and off since it came out. Many posters didn't like some of the graphics, especially the many and varied screens that pop up showing battle results,etc, the borders weren't richly tectured or something.  Too me it was a trivial point that didn't detract from what, in my opinion is one of the greatest game maps ever made , it is nothing short of a beautiful work of art as well as functional and large enough (huge in fact) to see why campaigns and battles happened where they did in the real war. If you are familiar with Ageod games then you know the drill...a somewhat steep learning curve. But I was able to get into the game and play the campaign where I was stymied and unable to do so with ACW1. It's a deep, rich and complex game that takes time to play, but it is rewarding if you like that time frame in history.

Nefaro

Quote from: Rayfer on April 21, 2014, 02:33:33 PM
Quote from: Kushan on April 19, 2014, 01:19:29 PM
Looking at getting AGEODs Civil War 2, anyone have any opinions on it?

I've been playing it on and off since it came out. Many posters didn't like some of the graphics, especially the many and varied screens that pop up showing battle results,etc, the borders weren't richly tectured or something.  Too me it was a trivial point that didn't detract from what, in my opinion is one of the greatest game maps ever made , it is nothing short of a beautiful work of art as well as functional and large enough (huge in fact) to see why campaigns and battles happened where they did in the real war. If you are familiar with Ageod games then you know the drill...a somewhat steep learning curve. But I was able to get into the game and play the campaign where I was stymied and unable to do so with ACW1. It's a deep, rich and complex game that takes time to play, but it is rewarding if you like that time frame in history.

I was one who didn't like the new plastic-looking UI.  Could look at it as a complete lack of UI art which had always been beautiful and related to the period in all the previous AGE games.  Similarly, I wasn't too crazed about Flashpoint Campaign's bright silver UI backgrounds either, as they look similar, but there was no previous precedent for it, and the game was set in the 80s, so I didn't expect it.  Then TW Rome 2 showed up with a similarly lazy plastic-looking interface.  Looks like a trend.  Boo!

Fortunately users have been making mods to remedy such immersion killing offenses in some of them. 

The rest of the art in CW2 looks great.  I got the impression they just saved some time & money by dropping the UI art for what looks like an old generic Windows background, like this:

I am still disappoint.

Rayfer

It was great that they allowed the use of the coupon twice....once on the Slitherine site and once on the Matrix site.  Picked up SoW Anteitam for $9.99 on Matrix and WitE: Don to the Danube for $4.99 on Slitherine.  An unexpectedly nice Spring sale!

Grimnirsson

Indeed a nice Easter egg that was :) Picked up PZC Allied Corps, and the three BA add ons I didn't have (Husky, Rommel and Metz). All for 20€, good deal!
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Capn Darwin

Well for Flashpoint Campaigns,  we will be using a new dark green/gray skin for the next game and we will probably add the skin for Red Storm too.  ;D
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Nefaro

Quote from: Capn Darwin on April 22, 2014, 09:18:41 AM
Well for Flashpoint Campaigns,  we will be using a new dark green/gray skin for the next game and we will probably add the skin for Red Storm too.  ;D

Good man!  ;)

GibbyG

War in the East from Matrix and Battle Academy 2 early access from Slitherine.

SgtRock

I like the coupon sale (get what you want) VS. the game of the week sale, hope Matrix/Siltherine do it some more! :)