Dwarf Fortress Masterwork

Started by PanzersEast, April 24, 2014, 09:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

I have started learning DF Masterwork after playing the Layz Newb Pack.... and with Masterwork learning the DF Hack commands, Dwarf Therapist Optimizer, Manager console, Workflow.....  it is slow go learning a new way to play, but it is a lot easier once these are all learned and working together..... when that happens.

The biggest part of learning to play is just playing... I think experience is the best way to learn because you can pour over the wiki and manual... but either read a qs guide or watch an lp and jump in..... so far it is slow going, but steadily gets easier.

PE

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: PanzersEast on April 24, 2014, 09:47:46 AM
I have started learning DF Masterwork after playing the Layz Newb Pack.... and with Masterwork learning the DF Hack commands, Dwarf Therapist Optimizer, Manager console, Workflow.....  it is slow go learning a new way to play, but it is a lot easier once these are all learned and working together..... when that happens.

The biggest part of learning to play is just playing... I think experience is the best way to learn because you can pour over the wiki and manual... but either read a qs guide or watch an lp and jump in..... so far it is slow going, but steadily gets easier.

PE

Wait a minute. Dwarven Fortress includes Dwarf therapy? I had no idea. That is strangely, powerfully compelling.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Staggerwing

Don't get too excited. Doubtful that the dwarves actually offer 'therapy' to the player or some such. Sad I'm sure for those who are into that sort of thing...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 24, 2014, 07:26:31 PM
Don't get too excited. Doubtful that the dwarves actually offer 'therapy' to the player or some such. Sad I'm sure for those who are into that sort of thing...

I was thinking more of a rp hook into the game. Dwarf Fortress: A Dwarven Therapists' Tale. What happens when a young dwarf, fresh from anger management training, is suddenly thrust into Therapy Command, the dwarven ale goes soft, and the dwarven hotties hard? Tagline: "Sometimes a pick is just a pick."
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

Staggerwing

Or a rolled-up Smokeleaf is just a rolled-up Smokeleaf.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

PanzersEast

This went way off course......

Anyway, I have stopped playing... tired of fighting the UI and the game makes you work for just about everything you do.....

PE