Main Menu

Hello!

Started by richmunn, May 26, 2015, 02:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richmunn

Hi all,

I was looking at the forums on this site and thought it was interesting and sharp.

I am a regular viewer of Matrix and Slitherine forums as well as occasionally the Blitz. I'm a member of WW2 for Gentlemen, an excellent and friendly Wargaming Club. I'm useless at computer wargames but have bought a lot of them. I've never played table top games, probably my loss. I love JTCS but recently dipped my toe into War in the West which I am slowly beginning to understand, perhaps.

I am fascinated by military history, despite having no military experience whatsoever myself. That is the reason for the above!!

OK, hope that's enough of an introduction.

Cheers,

Rich

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

greetings, and welcome!

truth in advertising:  we're weird, but that's a lot of our charm!  :D

Jump in and join the conversation!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Welcome aboard!

Though to expand on what BB said, there's layers of weird around here. Some occupy the bottom circles, others are more towards the top. So you're bound to find a niche in here somewhere.  O:-)

mirth

Though it is kinda crowded at the bottom layer.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quite. Though it is much more interesting there.

MetalDog

Welcome, Rich!  Glad you found us.  Please feel free to jump in anywhere and join the conversation.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Hello back at you, Rich. Welcome to the Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Welcome aboard, richmunn!  Break open a beer/whiskey/soda and join us.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!