StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm is Out

Started by TheCommandTent, March 12, 2013, 07:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

I'm a couple missions into the Terran campaign and very much enjoying the experience.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 14, 2013, 05:12:04 PM
Quote from: Tpek on March 14, 2013, 05:03:21 PM
Anyway I ended up getting the games(s).
I've already finished the Terran campaign and starting the Zerg one.

Well, as for the last mission of the Terrans and all Zerg missions, my impressions are: Crashes, a, friggin, lot!
I mean really, all the time. You have to save every few seconds and restart the game very minute.

I haven't experienced a single crash...I've played through most of the Terran Campaign and maybe 4 missions of the Zerg campaign.

I've found a whole lot of people on the SC2 forum that also experience the same thing. Apparently it's far more common among nVidia users  (such as myself) than ATI ones.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tpek on March 15, 2013, 03:28:44 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 14, 2013, 05:12:04 PM
Quote from: Tpek on March 14, 2013, 05:03:21 PM
Anyway I ended up getting the games(s).
I've already finished the Terran campaign and starting the Zerg one.

Well, as for the last mission of the Terrans and all Zerg missions, my impressions are: Crashes, a, friggin, lot!
I mean really, all the time. You have to save every few seconds and restart the game very minute.

I haven't experienced a single crash...I've played through most of the Terran Campaign and maybe 4 missions of the Zerg campaign.

I've found a whole lot of people on the SC2 forum that also experience the same thing. Apparently it's far more common among nVidia users  (such as myself) than ATI ones.

I have a nvidia card.  I guess I'm just lucky...for a change!  ;D
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DeathTouchWilly

In my experience Blizzard games have been rock solid. SC especially and SC2 literally never crashed once and I spent hours playing that game. I haven't played HOTS that much yet but so far it's been smooth sailing.

Tpek the frequency of your crashes makes me wonder if your videocard is overheating? Do  you see crashes in any other games?

Tpek

Quote from: DeathTouchWilly on March 15, 2013, 06:33:03 AM
In my experience Blizzard games have been rock solid. SC especially and SC2 literally never crashed once and I spent hours playing that game. I haven't played HOTS that much yet but so far it's been smooth sailing.

Tpek the frequency of your crashes makes me wonder if your videocard is overheating? Do  you see crashes in any other games?

It's not overheating. And it is just SC2.
It's a common problem with the game according to the SC2 technical support forum. I am waiting for a patch.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on March 14, 2013, 05:47:22 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on March 14, 2013, 08:34:32 AM
I'm pretty sure it cooked my GPU.

That was most likely just backdraft smells from your grill.

Could be. I've heard silicon wafers go well with wine and cheese.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

DeathTouchWilly

Oh yeah that's right LongBlade I forgot that. Yeah the game definitely pwn3d your GPU.

Your last comment really makes me want to pop a bottle of Malbec tonight. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mr. Bigglesworth

OMG, i am dying of impatience while it installs itself.
I can almost hear the siege tanks.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598