Battlefront Support

Started by Bismarck, May 21, 2013, 10:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bismarck

Swimming Against the Battlefront bashing tide, I think the support is great. While try to install Gustave Line, I found out that my CMBN and CMFI games were trashed by my recent new rig file movements. I was able to D/L CMFI still but got weird messages when booting the game. Support immediately saw the solution and sent utilities that fixed everything. I'm very pleased.
Jim Cobb

Keunert

good to hear.

not being a Battlefront fanboy or hater, i have to appreciate that they do make great games. if you buy like me one every three years
the patch pricing policy just doesn't touch me at all. the games i bought were all very immersive and great fun.

reading different forums i get the conclusion that i should not buy Heroes of Stalingrad, Norbsoft, Slitherine, EA, UBI Soft and what not.
i am a little weak on morals here: if the game is good and was not made by slave child workers in Vietnam then i will buy it.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

MengJiao

Quote from: Bismarck on May 21, 2013, 10:37:50 AM
Swimming Against the Battlefront bashing tide, I think the support is great. While try to install Gustave Line, I found out that my CMBN and CMFI games were trashed by my recent new rig file movements. I was able to D/L CMFI still but got weird messages when booting the game. Support immediately saw the solution and sent utilities that fixed everything. I'm very pleased.

I don't bash games very often, but when I do, I don't bash Battlefront.  Strangely, I haven't been playing them much lately, I think because, once I figure out a game is really good, I go off in search of more problematic games -- for example my 1995 Norway invasion games.  What's up with those?  What was I thinking?  1995 is like the dark ages of board games and they smell like old tennis shoes.

Was that bashing?

Bismarck

I agree completely with Keunert: a good game is a good game.  Players who boycott games because of pricing, business practices, etc are just shooting themselves in the foot (OK, I've said that in forums but still bought.)  The $10 CMBN patch was an one-off, I think, due to the extensive nature of the changes.
Jim Cobb

Con

Its an old marketing axiom that you will get 7X as many people PUBLICLY  complaining about a specific problem/issue/feature as you will get about them praising it.

Welcome to the 14.2% Greybriar ;)

Con