Mission Improbable Roguelike

Started by crowdrake, March 08, 2023, 10:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowdrake

https://hiphopy.itch.io/mission-improbable-rogue-agent-roguelike

hey guys, if you want to tryout my spy game its free for  all windows PCs. its turnbased.

Toonces

Hey Crow!
This is a very interesting idea for a game.  I downloaded and have been playing it, but I have a question.

So I'm on the map and movement screen.  As I walk around, do the walls, etc. have any effect on movement?  I haven't noticed any, I guess it's just cosmetic?

Second, when I move on to a person of interest, for example, the last one had 45 secrets.  I successfully bribed him, and he gave me the secrets, but in my stats I still have 0 secrets.  This has happened a couple of times.  Bug or feature?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

crowdrake

hi Toony

first thanks for trying. first off you dont get all the secrets until you killed them, a bribe will get some, and you will see your secrets bottom left below menu, but i have checked killing a character is updating stats page, but I will check if bribing is, but if it does not it is bottom left

the cities are meant to be like a map of a city, not buildings, the cities are big places and would not fit on a small area. I wanted real cities I got some maps off google maps but you cant use them sadly. the maps are cosmetic

thanks toony

crowdrake

just tried it bribing does not update thanks toony, i shall fix

crowdrake

Ok Toony I think I fixed it, thanks for letting me know as I never would of noticed for some time

Toonces

No problem!  I spent some more time with it after I posted and I saw that sometimes I got secrets, sometimes not, but I couldn't figure out why.  That makes sense.  Let me know when you upload the new version.

I think you've got the start of a pretty interesting game here.  You should consider polishing this one, I think it could be pretty good with some more work.

Just a few initial impressions:
1.  Consider changing the cities to have barriers (like force the player to stay on roads).  This would facilitate getting the player trapped by the agents.  I haven't gotten caught by an agent yet, but I've only spend about a half hour playing so far.
2.  You might consider adjusting the amount a person of interest can like the player so that it's capped at 100.
3.  I don't understand how you find the person you're supposed to assassinate.  I wonder if some sort of doomsday timer would be interesting?

Stick with this one.  I like it!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I knew I had one other idea: maybe make ATMs on the map, so the player has to get to that point in order to deposit/withdraw money.

crowdrake

Hi Toony, I think I fixed the bribes etc... I uploaded 1.08  , i will test somemore, really weird bug you found thanks

I made the game for a 7 day roguelike jam on itch.io so i only had seven days, but the doomsday clock to a nuclear exploision is great! the ATM locations are great too, the walls may improve map, all your suggestions sound great im going to put them in thanks.