Strategic Command Classic competition

Started by Boggit, May 08, 2018, 03:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

Hi all,

I got some feedback that there may be a little confusion as to the scenario to be played in Round 2: The SCWW2 Patton Drives East Module.

For the avoidance of any doubt:
It is the Stalin Drives West Scenario that we are playing in Round 2.

I realise that there is a Patton Drives East scenario within the SCWW2 Patton Drives East Module, but I swear the developer only put that in to sow confusion in the ranks. ;) Seriously though, I can get why there might have been some confusion from the Round title description. I hope that clears things up.

PM me or post here if anyone has feedback on any issues with the competition.

I hope y'all enjoying yourselves. <:-) 
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

The short answer is that the second one in the list plays the whole world global map.

The first one on the list plays either the Atlantic / Med map (maybe over to the Persian Gulf, I don't recall), and then for the "Rising Sun" DLC has a Pacific map.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

I cannot quite say WHY I thought I had more time, but, well, yeah...

STARTED!

Sorry, gents.

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

Got my Round One (vs Shelldrake) started last night, too.

Kicked a reasonable amount of Soviet butt on the first turn.

Remembered just how much I hate the UI and map of first generation SC. (Seriously? If I have to de-select a unit for any reason after moving I can't attack with it afterward? SERIOUSLY?!?!!?111!?!11111)

Trembled at the sight of umpty Mechanized Corps (which in Soviet propaganda-speak means tank corps not mechanized infantry) activating between turns.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Cyrano

I had that EXACT same reaction when I hit "End Turn".

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

I may have to rethink when/how to work my plan...

Cyrano

Millipede

If somebody gets a chance, could you please explain to me how in the world I'm supposed to get across the Channel. I suppose I could just walk across by stepping from deck to deck of the combined U.S. and Royal Navies, although I somehow doubt that they would willingly participate in the exercise.  :crazy2:

Yskonyn

@JasonPratt do you want to play each round seperately? If not, feel free to email me the game for round 2.

@Nelmsm I have Turn 1 ready for the Round 3 game. Please PM me your email address.

@Ethel_the_Frog I am still waiting for your turn so we can start the game for Round 1.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Shelldrake

Quote from: Millipede on June 10, 2018, 11:39:52 PM
If somebody gets a chance, could you please explain to me how in the world I'm supposed to get across the Channel. I suppose I could just walk across by stepping from deck to deck of the combined U.S. and Royal Navies, although I somehow doubt that they would willingly participate in the exercise.  :crazy2:

Move unit to port city, right click and choose load transport from menu. :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Millipede

Quote from: Shelldrake on June 11, 2018, 09:41:27 AM
Quote from: Millipede on June 10, 2018, 11:39:52 PM

Move unit to port city, right click and choose load transport from menu. :)

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, that was my poor attempt at facetiousness.

Boggit

It sounds like things are moving along now. I hope you're enjoying yourselves. Any screenies anyone? :hug:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Shelldrake

Iudi1867 (Doug) and I have finished our match in Round 3. It was a well fought game but I scored a major victory as the Allies. :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Millipede

Quote from: Shelldrake on June 13, 2018, 07:06:29 PM
Iudi1867 (Doug) and I have finished our match in Round 3. It was a well fought game but I scored a major victory as the Allies. :)

Which scenario?

Shelldrake

Quote from: Millipede on June 13, 2018, 07:20:38 PM
Quote from: Shelldrake on June 13, 2018, 07:06:29 PM

Which scenario?

1944-45 Philippines (Pacific Theatre) - not a very balanced scenario based on our game

Dean Edell